Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

All notes don't sound on playback with VST

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: All notes don't sound on playback with VST

Postby Raymond Robijns » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:08 pm

No problems here with the Garritan Authorized Steinway, not playing by the ARIA player, but as the standalone instrument. All seems well.... and there are a lot of fast runs.

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: All notes don't sound on playback with VST

Postby stickwolf » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 am

Confirmed problem here too. I'm using Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini.

Two free plugins work very differently. Crystal by Green Oak has no problems. Chip 32 by SAM started for a few notes to sound fine and then all sound cut-out and I couldn't get any playback from it. Many other plugins seem to drop notes randomly while some plugins never do.

This is clearly something unique to Notion because these plugs have no trouble in other hosts. But it obviously relates to some aspect of the plugin implementation that is not universal to all plugins.
stickwolf

Previous

Return to NOTION