Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Startup Error - Help Please

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Startup Error - Help Please

Postby digitaleagle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Hello:

I'm new to this forum and Notion. So far, I am very impressed with it's ease of use, but am new to the program and am frustrated with a couple of issues and questions. I was hoping someone could get me past these issues.

First of all - after I updated to the latest release, I now get an error upon Notion initialization that says it can't find a VST with a numerical number assigned to it. It tells me to remove it from the Mixer, but I can't find anything loaded in the mixer. I can't figure out why this error keeps coming up. I had two versions of True-Pianos VST in two different directories. One was in a Cakewalk directory and the other was in my standard VST directory. They both tried to be activated at the same time. If I deactivated the cakewalk one - it would automatically reactivate itself. So I took the one out of the Cakewalk directory but the error was still there. I wrote up a support ticket on this one. I'm not sure if I need to uninstall and reinstall the program to get rid of this or what. I can bypass the error message and still use the program but it is very annoying.

Second - is there a way to tell Notion what directories to search for VST's? If there is I can't find it anywhere. It always defaults to my Cakewalk VST directory which is not the one I want it to search for. Maybe this was setup from installation by accident? If so - can it be changed?

Third - how the heck do you change the initial temp when recording something in Performance mode? I spent about 2 hours yesterday trying to change the initial tempo from 90bpm to something faster to no avail.

Any help with these would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
digitaleagle

Re: Startup Error - Help Please

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm also getting the VST error message on start up after installing the update

"Connot find the VST plug-in with ID 3824439808" Could be the IK Multimedia verb, which I don't have installed.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby digitaleagle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Yep - that's the exact same error message I am getting. I'm glad I'm not alone. Must be a bug vs. something that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the post - I hope they can figure it out. Can you remove a version upgrade in XP? Or do you have to uninstall and reinstall the entire program?
digitaleagle

Postby astinov » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi guys,

When you open up the mixer, is there an insert slot that is lit (most likely Insert 1 of the Master Bus) ? If so, then this is where the plugin is supposed to go. Simply right-click on it and choose None, so that the plugin slot is unlit.

This should clear the warning.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:24 pm

The error occurs before opening a score, so no mixer available at that point.
Bill Reed
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
wcreed51

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 pm

OK, fixed it now:

I created a new document
Added one staff
open mixer and set insert1 to None
Delete the staff
Saved document to C:\...\...\New\NewFile
Bill Reed
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
wcreed51

Postby digitaleagle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:20 pm

I fixed mine also. I found out that I had one vst FX that came with Notion installed but not registered, and the CSR Hall was not loaded at all but was checked in the mixer. Once I installed the CSR Hall and registered it the error went away.

Thanks for the quick response.
digitaleagle

Return to NOTION