Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Any chance of crippled demo for after full trial?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Any chance of crippled demo for after full trial?

Postby 4tune » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi,

I realise this may be an off chance, but my trial of notion expired a long time ago and there were a couple of small things that put me off buying at the time, despite being impressed on the whole.

One of those things was a bug in rewire implementation that I reported through the provided report link.

As I would have no way of testing this again on my main (i.e. music) computer [bar an OS re-install.. no thank you!], I am making the request for an alternative `compatability` demo to be made available. It could be pretty crippled i.e.

- Only one page of score
- Noise bursts
- Only saves first line/ no saves

that sort of stuff, but it would be pretty handy to test the features of the minor upgrades and compatability with bugs etc.

Hoping possible anyhow :)

best regards!

4tune
4tune

Re: Any chance of crippled demo for after full tr

Postby posssu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 am

Hi!

I was in a similar situation and I got an extended demo perioid (another 14 days) by just asking kindly from the customer service.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby 4tune » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 pm

posssu wrote:Hi!

I was in a similar situation and I got an extended demo perioid (another 14 days) by just asking kindly from the customer service.

ok thanks.

I will try that once all the NAMM stuff appears to be over.
4tune

Postby Novatlan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 am

It never hurts to ask, but I would prefer an extended demo, too.
I have Notion 3, but I use four Macs regularly - I am only allowed to install Notion on 2 of them. A "Notion Reader", which would just read scores, but not save (i.e. a severely crippled demo) would at least allow me to look at my scores.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby antoncct » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:25 am

My problem is different : I just buy a new computer, an HP 2040el, with I7 processor and Windows 7 Home Premium.
I cannot try the demo software! : after the first installation, it says me that has expired (!)
Now I'm scare to buy it, because I'm worring about some incompatibility with my sistem.

Antonio
Italy
antoncct

Postby 4tune » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:41 pm

antoncct wrote:My problem is different : I just buy a new computer, an HP 2040el, with I7 processor and Windows 7 Home Premium.
I cannot try the demo software! : after the first installation, it says me that has expired (!)
Now I'm scare to buy it, because I'm worring about some incompatibility with my sistem.

Antonio
Italy

I would try support for this problem:

http://www.notionmusic.com/support/support.html
4tune

Re: Any chance of crippled demo for after full trial?

Postby 4tune » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

For comparison looking at the "Sibelius First" demo, they seem to not allow saving after 1 month. While all other functions are kept for testing.
4tune

Return to NOTION