Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Double Barline missing in Single-Part

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Double Barline missing in Single-Part

Postby Bobb77 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello,

someone know a solution to this (missing double Barline in the (trumpet) part:

thanks
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjo7N4mRrEc

Notion 4, EWQL CCC, Miroslav Philharmonik
Bobb77

Re: Double Barline missing in Single-Part

Postby kozmikyak » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:47 pm

I don't know the answer, but it might be related to a support issue I posted yesterday related to a missing single-barline when there are non-repeated measures between repeated sections.

I have music like this:

| : music : | interlude | : music : |

"music" is repeated, "interlude" is not.

In the individual parts, sometimes "interlude" shows up at the end of a system. There is no single barline at the end of the interlude measure.

I believe this is because of the start-repeat-bar that shows up at the beginning of the next line. In other words, in the individual parts, Notion sees that something that _starts_ a new section is immediately following, and therefore doesn't fill out the ending of the bar in question.

In your case, there's a key signature coming next, which could fall into the same class of "starting section" markups, just as much as the start-repeat-bar before the second occurance of "music".

I have a message in to tech support on this issue. As it stands, this is the only issue keeping me from switching from Lilypond, the quality of the individual parts is important for accurate communcation with my band.
kozmikyak

Return to NOTION