Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

New update (3.0.239)

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: New update (3.0.239)

Postby fabiolcati » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:00 am

Hi all, and dgriffee first.
I apologize if my words sounded as they were from an upset person: I just wanted to be dry, not cold-hearted.
I'm not blind to their effort in improving Notion
and aware about what they are doing under heavy weather conditions (look at the shot from outside London's fair!)
And, last but not least, I agree with you
they are probably all on extreme brain overload with the exhilaration of emerging as a significant player in the marketplace

definitely, the time they can enjoy their stock options on a Caribbean island is far to come!
Good luck
Greetings
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby astinov » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to have "disappeared" for a while, and yes, you guessed it, it was all because of NAMM. I have just updated the Latest Updates thread here: http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=313.

@ Novatlan:

We will add the keyboard entry mode in future updates, rest assured. Pace with us, we can only do so much at a time, especially with a show like NAMM being around the corner. As far as the window centering - can you tell me more about that? What screens do not center properly for you?

@everyone:

We had a fantastic show. It was amazing to see so much interest and a ton of great responses at NAMM. NOTION3 was the main attraction of course and it rocked.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby fabiolcati » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Lubo.

Welcome back and thank you for everything :D

Greetings
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby Novatlan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 pm

@astinov:
Sorry for always being too impatient :(
You are doing great! I wish the other application I use would be updated as frequently.

I have submitted a few bug reports about the window issue. Basically it is just that some windows (preferences, about screen) do not appear at the centre of the screen when invoked. This is a very minor cosmetic issue - I was just wondering that is has not been fixed :)

So far my experiences with the new version have been great. Step input is much better now!
Give me numpad note selection like in Sibelius and the option to drag the page around with the mouse and I'm a happy camper :)

Will Notion be at Musikmesse? NAMM is a bit far for me, but Musikmesse I'll defiinitively visit.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby edbradburn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Folks + Notion,

Been "auditioning" some notation/music programs for about a week now and I think I'm about to settle on Notion3.

This thread caught my eye, though, since I thought screen drag was simply standard interface stuff. The lack of it does make things pretty clunky for moving around.

As to the note input technique, I have only ever used Sibelius casually, but couldn't the keys be re-directed for Notion3 using something like AutoHotKey?

Or is the Notion3/Sibelius entry scheme fundamentally different?

As said, I'm only a casual user of any program, so I'm not yet "fixed" in a particular system...
edbradburn

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 am

edbradburn wrote:Hi Folks + Notion,

Been "auditioning" some notation/music programs for about a week now and I think I'm about to settle on Notion3.

This thread caught my eye, though, since I thought screen drag was simply standard interface stuff. The lack of it does make things pretty clunky for moving around.

As to the note input technique, I have only ever used Sibelius casually, but couldn't the keys be re-directed for Notion3 using something like AutoHotKey?

Or is the Notion3/Sibelius entry scheme fundamentally different?

As said, I'm only a casual user of any program, so I'm not yet "fixed" in a particular system...

Welcome!

I believe that it is possible to "re arrange" the keyboard shortcut with something like AutoHotKey. We've never tried it here, but it seems possible.

If you're not sold on the other programs shortcuts you may just try to give N3's a try. I find them to be very simple and that they aid in a very smooth work flow.

Hope this helps!
Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby raygriffinmusic » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 am

Admin wrote:As to the note input technique, I have only ever used Sibelius casually, but couldn't the keys be re-directed for Notion3 using something like AutoHotKey?

Yes, you can re-direct the keys on the numberpad to reflect the Sibelius input method, I found a great utility called KeyTweak which I mentioned on a thread here not so long back. It's not exactly the same - you have to toggle between notes and rests, but being an ex-Sibelius-er myself, I found this method much easier than re-learning a whole new keyboard layout. I also re-mapped the '0/ins' to perform 'Esc' in order to "unload" the cursor.

Not to say that there's anything wrong with the Notion3 shortcuts and layout by the way, just a personal preference and tweak.
raygriffinmusic

Previous

Return to NOTION