Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Studio One 2.0 Producer ~ Cyber Monday Early Access!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Studio One 2.0 Producer ~ Cyber Monday Early Access!

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Musician's Friend had Studio One 2.0 Producer (PreSonus) on sale for $69.99 (US) as part of their Cyber Monday Early Access! sale, but now the one day sale is over . . .

Will it be back on sale for $69.99 on Cyber Monday?

I have no idea, really . . .

Really! :o

P. S. I removed the link from the original post, because now it is $199.99, or nearly three times as much . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Re: Studio One 2.0 Producer ~ Cyber Monday Early Access!

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Stay tuned to the Presonus website for more details about Cyber Monday.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 pm

I've owned Sonar for a number of years for the purpose of tweaking playback after a piece is complete. The truth is, I rarely have time to use it. I've looked at the StudioOne demo a couple of times over the past few years, but don't really see much difference between it and Sonar.

If someone has used both, and feels so inclined, could you point out things that I'm missing? Why would I choose StudioOne over Sonar?

Thanks!
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Surfwhammy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:17 am

wcreed51 wrote:I've owned Sonar for a number of years for the purpose of tweaking playback after a piece is complete. The truth is, I rarely have time to use it. I've looked at the StudioOne demo a couple of times over the past few years, but don't really see much difference between it and Sonar.

If someone has used both, and feels so inclined, could you point out things that I'm missing? Why would I choose StudioOne over Sonar?

Thanks!

With the caveat the I do everything on the Mac, when one considers (a) that you already have Sonar X2 (Cakewalk), (b) that you are doing digital music production in the Windows universe, and (c) that Cakewalk currently has the upgrade to Sonar X3 priced at $49, I think that sticking with Sonar makes sense for you . . .

Sonar X3 does ReWire 2 (32-bit and 64-bit), and it supports VST3, which is nice, and it runs in Windows 7 and Windows 8 . . .

THOUGHTS

However, for those folks who do their digital music production on the Mac, Sonar is useless, since Sonar only runs on Windows machines; and for those folk who have not yet committed to a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) application or have committed but are using a low-end DAW application and are not happy campers, this is an excellent opportunity to get a professional DAW application at an affordable price, as well as a very nice set of virtual instruments (approximately 8GB) and Native Instruments Komplete Elements (approximately 3.4GB), where specifically the strategy is to get Studio One 2.6.1 Producer (PreSonus), since it does ReWire 2 and supports VST3 virtual instruments . . .

Getting Studio One 2.6.1 Professional is another option, and it has more virtual instruments and integrated Melodyne (Celemony) pitch correction, which is useful for fine-tuning and transforming recorded audio (instruments and vocals) . . .

[NOTE: The Producer and Professional versions do ReWire 2, so for doing ReWire 2 you need either the Producer or Professional version. From my perspective, if you do not have the Melodyne Editor (Celemony), then it probably makes sense to get Studio One 2.6.1 Professional, but otherwise I prefer the Producer version, which is the version I got when PreSonus and NOTION joined forces. Studio One 2.6.1 Producer does ReWire 2 very nicely, and it also records MIDI. You can play the Studio One virtual instruments from NOTION 4 using External MIDI staves and a "virtual MIDI cable" on the Mac via the Mac OS X IAC Driver, which you configure in Audio MIDI Setup, and there are other interesting things you can do. Everything works nicely on the Mac, and I have tested and verified it. For Windows users, all I can do is guess, but perhaps someone else can provide information on how Studio One works with Windows, although it is useful to know that as best as I can determine from browsing posts in the PreSonus FORUM, there are a lot more Windows users than Mac users . . . ]

For those folks who are using NOTION 3, this is an excellent time to get NOTION 4 at a 50 percent discount . . .

And the 50 percent discount promotion also applies to NOTION Expansion Sounds, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)

P. S. Considering that Musician's Friend had Studio One 2 Producer for $69.99 (US) for one day as a Cyber Monday Early Preview special last week, it might make a bit of sense to wait until later in the week or perhaps Monday December 2, 2013 and to check what Musician's Friend is doing, since if Musician's Friend repeats the super discount, you could use the extra $30 to get a NOTION Expansion Sounds pack or a case of Van Camp's Beanee Weenees (a personal favorite), but since I have no actual information on what Musician's Friend is planning, all I can do is guess . . .
Last edited by Surfwhammy on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby Atenua » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Surfwhammy wrote:For those folks who are using NOTION 3, this is an excellent time to get NOTION 4 at a 50 percent discount...

Just to clarify, if I'm right, in the Notion store there is an upgrade path for Notion 3 users to Notion 4 for £39.00, I think that's the usual price, no sale here. The sale is for "software" and "expansion sounds", but not for "upgrades".

If you buy Notion 4 with the 50% discount, the price is £41.50. So it is still better to upgrade, unless you want two more licences for Notion 4 besides the two licences for Notion 3, for the extra price of £2.5.
Atenua

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Atenua wrote:
Surfwhammy wrote:For those folks who are using NOTION 3, this is an excellent time to get NOTION 4 at a 50 percent discount...

Just to clarify, if I'm right, in the Notion store there is an upgrade path for Notion 3 users to Notion 4 for £39.00, I think that's the usual price, no sale here. The sale is for "software" and "expansion sounds", but not for "upgrades".

If you buy Notion 4 with the 50% discount, the price is £41.50. So it is still better to upgrade, unless you want two more licences for Notion 4 besides the two licences for Notion 3, for the extra price of £2.5.

Actually the 50% off applies after the upgrade price:) So you'll be getting a VERY good deal on your upgrade.

Cheers!
-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Atenua » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Thank you Kyle. I can see now that if you go through the payment process, there you will find a "NOTION 4 UPGRADE COUPON" applied to the price. That's great.
Atenua

Postby Zblogny » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 am

Admin wrote:
Atenua wrote:

Actually the 50% off applies after the upgrade price:) So you'll be getting a VERY good deal on your upgrade.

Cheers!
-Kyle

Yesterday I just bought an upgrade license with the upgrade coupon (£18.34 discount). VERY VERY good deal indeed !
But - since I will use Notion on 3 computers - I need one more full license (at 50% off of course...).
How can I get it : my user account only shows the link for upgrade ?
Thanks !
Zblogny

Postby Zblogny » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:21 am

Zblogny wrote:Yesterday I just bought an upgrade license with the upgrade coupon (£18.34 discount). VERY VERY good deal indeed !
But - since I will use Notion on 3 computers - I need one more full license (at 50% off of course...).
How can I get it : my user account only shows the link for upgrade ?
Thanks !

Well, I just did it !
Solved ! :)
Thanks
Zblogny

Return to NOTION