Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tools> Transpose> Same octave. Something I do not understand

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Tools> Transpose> Same octave. Something I do not understand

Postby Francois2010 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,
It seems to me that when using Tools> Transpose> Octave down> Same octave
transposed notes should remain in place while sounding an octave lower. Is the "same octave" should not mean that? What happens when using this command is that N/3/4 written notes one octave lower. I do not understand.
Attachments
210ct.JPG
210ct.JPG (24.64 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Re: Tools> Transpose> Same octave. Something I do not unders

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 pm

The "Same Octave" feature is for use with transpositions that you want to do and not move into another octave. That dropdown menu gives you the option doing transpostions in such a way that you can change the octave if you would like. For example, a major 3rd down with the "Same Octave" chosen, will give you a transposition of a major 3rd down. The dropdown can be used to do the transposition if you want a major 3rd down, plus an octave down at the same time if you choose One Octave Lower.

If you transpose an octave lower, you must tell Notion how many octaves you would like to transpose by changing the "Same Octave" dropdown to One Octave Lower.

If you experiment with it, you will see just how it works.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION