Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Gray Trails

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Gray Trails

Postby retnev » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 pm

About when I was finished with a score, something strange appeared that I never seen before.
Every note is followed by a gray trail, indicating the duration of the note. I dont need that info as I obviously use rests and correct note duration.

Now that the gray trails are present I cannot move a note on the stave! It is completely locked.

Anyone know how to remove these gray trails and get it back to where I can edit notes already entered. I have no clue how I wound up activating it.

I attach an image of what it looks like.
Thanks

Gray-trails.GIF
Gray-trails.GIF (2.87 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
retnev

Re: Gray Trails

Postby Aph » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 pm

You're in Sequencer Overlay mode. Menu: View/Show/Show Sequencer Overlay.
Or, use the TAB key.
Aph

Postby retnev » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks a Lot !
Never needed that, so I guess that is why I got stumped.

I got rid of it the hard way.
Pasted the entire score into a new project that already had entries without trails. then delete entries. Just pasting the score into a new project inherited the problem. If it does not have entries without trails, it does not work.

Regarding Users Manual for Notion3.
The two DVD's that came with my Notion3 distribution does not have a Users Manual on either the Install or Sounds DVD. After installation there is no Users manual installed in the Notion installation Folder.

I am currently working with a Notion4 users manual, but I noticed that there is no Notion3 users manual on the Notion site.
Where did I go wrong?
retnev

Postby fabiolcati » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 am

Hi retnev.
The User Guide to Notion 3 is available under the Help menu after the installation.
If you drop me a PM I will be happy to send you a standalone copy in pdf format to your email address.
Hope it helps.
Best regards
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Return to NOTION