Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Chord entry

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Chord entry

Postby Andekman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi!
I been trying to enter the chord name Bb add 9 but failed.
Anyone who has any suggestions?
Andekman

Re: Chord entry

Postby dcd111 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:41 am

Not ideal, but if you just need it for display and not playback using rhythm slashes, you could add it as a text box. Maybe Notion can tell us what font and size are used by default on chord markings, but Times New Roman, 9 or 10 points, seems to be close enough. Or you can select the "Jazz" font if that's the notation style you're using.
dcd111

Postby Andekman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm

It.s just for display.I've been trying to write it in, but it turns to ordinary Bb. No difference if I use "jazz" font.
Must be some solution since the chord name "add9" is quite common.
And why is it that I can't write any chord name I'd like with the text box?
Andekman

Postby dcd111 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm

In the JazzCord font, you can use ! and it will show as the flat symbol. But for the standard style, as far as I can tell you're right, there may not be a way to get proper symbols. See the other Jazz Chords thread for more on how to get various symbols in text boxes using the JazzCord font, including "add9".

It is definitely annoying, though. The reality is that Notion is primarily designed for composition and playback, and is not always appropriate for engraving.
dcd111

Return to NOTION