Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Miroslav - Clarinet vs Bass Clarinet instruments on menu

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Miroslav - Clarinet vs Bass Clarinet instruments on menu

Postby ChrisHeinen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 pm

In Score Setup, under Miroslav Philharmonik, Woodwinds, there are two instruments labeled "Clarinet" (one in the left column and one in the right column of the pop-up menu. In trying to understand the difference, I added a staff of each one, and looked at the resulting VST instruments that were loaded into the system. They look the same.

On the file system, there is a "04_Miro_Clarinet" and "51_Miro_Bass_Clarinet" in the PLK folder, so I assume there should be one of each instrument on the menu.

Is this on the "radar" to be fixed?

Thanks,
CH
ChrisHeinen

Re: Miroslav - Clarinet vs Bass Clarinet instruments on menu

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Chris,

I will log a ticket. It is the first I have heard of it.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:13 pm

While on the subject, I'd like to request a full overhaul of the instrument pallets in score setup. The instrument groups are in a different order for every library, and none of them make any sense.

Please consider putting everything in score order, and using consistent instrument names. The current setup looks like it was done by a non-musician.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:28 pm

By score order, I am assuming that you mean that the list of instruments in Score Setup for VST's like VSL would be better served if they were in the order that they would go in to a score.

Mostly, they just went in order that the program put them in. It is a little random, sorry. As far as instrument names, we named them what Vienna named them to avoid confusion as to which VSL instrument you are using.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Yes, the order they'd appear in the score. Not just VSL, but Notion, MP and EWQLSO.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby dcd111 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Regarding the Miroslav Bass Clarinet issue, in this thread Elerouxx describes the source of the problem (which he had a fix for in his Miroslav rules and presets package):

Elerouxx wrote:BASS CLARINET FIXED :
-Fixed the absent Bass Clarinet problem by "hacking" a byte in the Bass Clarinet preset file!
[Note: previously, there was no Bass Clarinet, and there were 2 Clarinet presets in the Miroslav instrument list in Notion, because the instrument-id inside the file was set to 12004 (clarinet) instead of 12051. I didn't know how to fix it by other means .]

So it looks like an incorrect instrument ID in the Notion preset for the Miroslav bass clarinet is causing the program to see two clarinet instruments and no bass clarinet instrument, but there's no workaround for users short of using a hex editor on the preset file (or using Elerouxx's replacement rules and presets, which are very good).

I would expect it is an easier fix for the developers, who I assume have the ability to "re-bake" the preset with an adjusted instrument ID.
dcd111

Return to NOTION