Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Getting Rid of the Entry Pallette?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Getting Rid of the Entry Pallette?

Postby ericsandmeyer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:06 pm

When you turn on the entry pallet mode where you right click to see it and it appears, how do you get it to turn back off? I try clicking various points on the score and staffs with just the pointer selected or any other tool. Each time I right click it appears next to the cursor again.

How do you get it to go away?

Many thanks!
ericsandmeyer

Re: Getting Rid of the Entry Pallette?

Postby Novatlan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:28 am

Right now i'm nowhere near any computer with Notion, but if I remember correctly, ESC hides the palette.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby ericsandmeyer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:40 am

Novatlan wrote:Right now i'm nowhere near any computer with Notion, but if I remember correctly, ESC hides the palette.

thanks for the reply Novatlan. Hmm... I experimented with it and sometimes the esc button works and sometimes it does not. Sometimes just clicking a staff causes it to vanish and sometimes it doesn't.

If I click somewhere within the pallet and then hit esc. then it seems to disappear more often. It still has a tendency to persist sometimes though. My only recourse is to right click somewhere else to move it out of my way.

Does this feature behave by a particular set of rules? Just a point of curiosity more than anything. It's not the end of the world, it's just a thing I'd like to try to figure out to smooth out my workflow.
ericsandmeyer

Postby JohnF » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:50 am

If I remember correctly just right click again somewhere on the score.
JohnF

Locking vs. Hovering

Postby DrH » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Remember that if you click on a palette or an instrument-specific technique tab, then you are temporarily making the Palette Window persistant (locked), which means it will not go away via <esc> until you click on the same palette/tab, which will then unlock it.

Pages 1.11-1.12 of the User Manual has a good discussion of how all of this locking, unloacking, hovering, etc. works.

Hope this helps,

DrH
DrH

Postby Ronn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:47 pm

Actually, this is not quite accurate. I find that one must double-click on the second tier of the palette and THEN press [ESC] to hide the floating palette. This should be made easier to do since the double-click on a specific part of the floating palette is too much like a trick move.
Ronn

Postby astinov » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey guys,

The palette has two states while showing - unlocked and locked. A locked palette has all but one category grayed out. One a palette is locked you can't make it disappear by hitting ESC (most likely the issue you're running into).

To fix this, simply click the only category that is not blacked out and then hit ESC. Remember, you don't have to click on the categories to enter symbols, just hovering over it is enough to open the category (non-locked mode). When its not locked it will disappear with ESC.

Now you can also dock the palette to the bottom by choosing View-Show Palette. This will ensure that it never pops up on right click.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Return to NOTION