Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Is there any way to install Miroslav in Mac 10.8.5 ?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Is there any way to install Miroslav in Mac 10.8.5 ?

Postby GeorgePaul » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:02 pm

I keep getting “PowerPC applications are no longer supported"
GeorgePaul

Re: Is there any way to install Miroslav in Mac 10.8.5 ?

Postby Surfwhammy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:40 pm

GeorgePaul wrote:I keep getting “PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

I thought you were referring to Mavericks, but after a quick bit of checking this is not the case, because it is Mac OS X 10.9 . . .

I need to get some sleep . . .

If I find anything about this, I will post a reply . . .

Lots of FUN . . . :?

P. S. Have you tried to install SampleTank FREE?

The reason I ask is that SampleTank is the engine for all the IK Multimedia virtual instruments, and I think it is the most recently updated one . . .

If you can get the Miroslav Philharmonik sampled sounds onto your Mac, then you can run them with SampleTank Free by moving them into the SampleTank sampled sound directory, which is specified via "PREFS" . . .

At one point, I was running everything in SampleTank (Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Sonik Synth), but it took too long to load, so I moved everything back to the individual virtual instruments . . .

There are a few differences, but I think that SampleTank FREE has all the same controls and so forth . . .

Try installing SampleTank FREE, and let me know what happens . . .

[NOTE: The download link for SampleTank FREE is on this web page . . . ]

SampleTank FREE (IK Multimedia)

If you can install SampleTank FREE, then this is a practical solution, but you need to get the sampled sounds onto your Mac . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby tombax » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Even if you get it installed (took me days) it's a 32-bit and I assume your Notion is now 64 bit.
tombax

Postby GeorgePaul » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 pm

I have got JBRIDGE to fix the 32/64 bit issue. Could you please tell us how you did it? Thank you very much in advance TOMBAX.
GeorgePaul

Postby tombax » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:54 am

I'll try to think back and remember. I spent a lot of time corresponding with IK Media tech support, and they were very patient, but when it finally showed up on the hard drive it was a surprise to me. I do remember that my problem had a lot to do with trying to transfer from an external drive that wasn't MAC formatted. I got a new drive and transferred from the other drive, and that solved the problem. Doubt that helps you much, but I would get in touch with their tech support. I was going to get around to trying Jbridge but I haven't yet.
tombax

Postby idiotSavant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 pm

I have Miroslav Philharmonik installed in 10.8.5. It functions quite well. It does have to be set up with a bridger. I also use JBridge.
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 am

GeorgePaul wrote:I keep getting “PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

QUESTION: Are you using older physical media (for example, a CD or DVD)--as contrasted to the electronic download version--to do the Miroslav Philharmonik install that is not working?

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Surfwhammy

Postby GeorgePaul » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Yes Surf. I have a couple of DVD's. Should I transfer the files to a different storage?
GeorgePaul

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm

GeorgePaul wrote:Yes Surf. I have a couple of DVD's. Should I transfer the files to a different storage?

One DVD should have the program, and the other DVD(s) will have the sampled sounds. You can contact IK Multimedia technical support, which you might need to do regardless, but you can download SampleTank FREE and use it as the program, which then shifts the focus to getting the sampled sounds off the DVD(s), which you might be able to do, but if not, then you need to contact IK Multimedia technical support . . .

The first thing I recommend doing is getting SampleTank FREE, which you can download from the IK Multimedia website, and then install it. If this works--which I think it will--then all you need to do is to get the sampled sounds off the DVD, if it is possible. Another reason for using SampleTank FREE is that IK Multimedia started using a different license authorizer program, which makes it easier to use SampleTank FREE. You need to register with IK Multimedia to download SampleTank FREE, but it is easy to do, and it is something you will want to do, anyway . . .

[NOTE: The link to download SampleTank FREE is on this page at the end of the list . . . ]

SampleTank Download Page (IK Multimedia)

There is a problem with the sampled sounds installer on newer versions of Mac OS X, and what IK Multimedia does now is to provide the sampled sounds as a download where they are archived in a ZIP file, which when you unarchive it has the files that need to be copied to the correct locations . . .

As noted in my first post, SampleTank FREE does everything Miroslav Philharmonik does, plus it also lets you use Global FX, and it is the engine for all IK Multimedia virtual instruments. The advantage of this is that it avoids needing to install the Miroslav Philharmonik program . . .

You need to register your copy of Miroslav Philharmonik, and you need to find a way to get the sampled sounds off the DVD, since you only need the sampled sounds when you are using SampleTank FREE as the GUI interface and engine . . .

Basically, SampleTank FREE is the only vehicle that IK Multimedia makes, but it comes in different colors named Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTank XL, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, and SampleTron, but they are all the same vehicle, and Sample Tank FREE is the new model that has everything, although it is 32-bits like the others . . .

It is very likely that IK Multimedia will release SampeTank 3 this year, which will be 64-bits, and it will work with the sampled sound libraries for the previous version, which maps to Miroslav Phiharmonik and so forth . . .

The engine (SampleTank FREE) is free, so the important thing is the sampled sound libraries . . .

I downloaded everything, so I have no idea what is on the IK Multimedia DVDs, but if the sampled sounds are on one or more of the DVDs and you can read them with Finder, then I think you can just copy them into a folder on your Mac . . .

There will be a bunch of "*.stip", "*.stw", "*.sth" and similar extensions with readable full file names like "Trumpet Stacc Brt EXPD.stip" and so forth if the sample sounds are not compressed or whatever on the DVD(s) . . .

There are approximately 8GB of sampled sounds, so it will take a while . . .

If you cannot read the sampled sounds, then you can contact IK Multimedia technical support and they can provide instructions on what to do, which might be to provide a link so that you can download the sampled sounds . . .

However, the ideal scenario is that the sampled sounds are regular files on the DVD(s), hence you just need to copy them manually from the DVD(s) to your Mac hard drive, and if this is the case and you need help with the folder hierarchy or anything else, let me know . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION