Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EWQL Bends (Notion 4)

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

EWQL Bends (Notion 4)

Postby funkmasterbecks » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:20 am

Hey guys,

I've been using Notion Sounds to compose and would like to switch to the EWQL Platinum samples now - I'm using the Notion Presets for EWQL. It was clear that EWQL would be different from the native Notion Sounds, but I can't get bends to work. I tried the Full and Lite versions of the presets, and none of them trigger the bends. Is it related to an internal midi issue, or a bug?

Cheers,

Will
funkmasterbecks

Re: EWQL Bends (Notion 4)

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:53 am

First, we are working to improve Notions compatibility with EWQL.

Second, it is always best to start composing with the VST that you are going to use in the end. All VST's work slightly differently and Notion tries to make up those differences. But, to remove major amounts of editing in the long run, it is best to start with the VST's that you are wanting to use.

Third, in relation to Bends, what Play Library are you using? I have not seen instruments in EWQL Symphonic Orchestra that have bends or portamento. The Symphonic Orchestra Library is what we currently have presets for.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: EWQL Bends (Notion 4)

Postby funkmasterbecks » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 am

You must be right. I am not very familiar with EWQL yet, as I haven't been able to use it until two weeks ago, and that's why I ran into this issue. Like you, I haven't seen any special articulations for bends in EWQL Platinum, like Notion does.
Thanks Admin.
funkmasterbecks

Return to NOTION