Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 Demo!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby Gloom » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:12 am

I can only write up to 33 measures in the demo. Is there a way to insert more measures in the demo version or do i need to purchase the software to have unlimted measures?

Thx
Gloom
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:06 am

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 am

You should be able to use the shortcut key "i" to insert bars in your score. There is no limit on measures you can write in the demo.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby DaddyO » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:55 pm

The demo would not load my DImension Pro 64 bit VST. It gave me a note about being a Win32 application. Does this mean the Notion is 32 bit only?
________________
SacredSymphonics
DaddyO
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 pm

DaddyO wrote:The demo would not load my DImension Pro 64 bit VST. It gave me a note about being a Win32 application. Does this mean the Notion is 32 bit only?


NOTION3 is a 32 bit app, but will run on 64 bit OS and within 64 bit applications....

You should try the 32 bit version of Dimension Pro with N3.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby bhmcc » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello,

Just downloaded the demo and installed it just fine on my iMac running OSX 10.5.8. However, when I tried to install the Piano sounds, I get the 'boost' error. I tried the following recommendation from another post, but it still does not work:

On a Mac, the location that you want to copy your sound files to is Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Notion Music\Notion 3\Sounds\Bundled. IMPORTANT: After you have successfully placed the new samples into the correct location, please go to File>Preferences and click on the "audio" tab. Next, press the button that says "Choose...," navigate and single-click the "Sounds" folder, and press the select button (on Mac, you will be prompted for your OS password). You should then get a "locating samples" dialogue box and the program will load the new sounds.


Please advise.
Thanks!
Brett
bhmcc
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:51 pm

I downloaded Notion 3 demo and a bunch of instruments and I’m having a great time. The interface is excellent and the instruments sound great. It’s easy to create music. I’m going to order Notion online. It’s too bad it’s not readily available in stores. I couldn’t find it in one store including Guitar Center and Best Buy. The demo will keep me occupied until I receive the full version. I was going to buy Sibelius 6 Professional but it’s expensive at over $400—though everything I have read says it’s also a great product. But Sibelius 6 Professional is over $200 more than Notion 3. So even if I purchased Notion without reviewing the demo first and found I didn’t like it, it would still be cheaper to buy Notion 3 and then buy Sibelius 6 Professional Competitive Crossgrade at $160. Unless you need something that Sibelius 6 has that Notion 3 doesn’t, I think Notion 3 is the way to go.
Mark
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 am

Mark wrote:I downloaded Notion 3 demo and a bunch of instruments and I’m having a great time. The interface is excellent and the instruments sound great. It’s easy to create music. I’m going to order Notion online. It’s too bad it’s not readily available in stores. I couldn’t find it in one store including Guitar Center and Best Buy. The demo will keep me occupied until I receive the full version. I was going to buy Sibelius 6 Professional but it’s expensive at over $400—though everything I have read says it’s also a great product. But Sibelius 6 Professional is over $200 more than Notion 3. So even if I purchased Notion without reviewing the demo first and found I didn’t like it, it would still be cheaper to buy Notion 3 and then buy Sibelius 6 Professional Competitive Crossgrade at $160. Unless you need something that Sibelius 6 has that Notion 3 doesn’t, I think Notion 3 is the way to go.



Cheers! Welcome to NOTION3!
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby BLACKCROW » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 am

I must be missing out on something in my Windows XP because I can't watch the DEMO video you posted or any of the other videos posted on your site .

WHY ?

Doesn't matter I have on order my copy of NOTION 3 , will be arriving soon next week .
BLACKCROW
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 am

BLACKCROW wrote:I must be missing out on something in my Windows XP because I can't watch the DEMO video you posted or any of the other videos posted on your site .

WHY ?

Doesn't matter I have on order my copy of NOTION 3 , will be arriving soon next week .



Which browser are you using? If you are on IE 6 or below there might be some issues with the javascript on the page. Make sure you are using IE8, Chrome, or Firefox.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Notion Demo!

Postby kvapka » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:45 pm

EDIT: i find answer for my problem...
Last edited by kvapka on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvapka
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


cron