Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Best sound library for String Quartet?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Best sound library for String Quartet?

Postby carstenschnell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 am

@Fabiolcati

when i compare VSL Solo Strings and XSamples the XSample Solo Strings are a little bit
more "agressive" The are usefull for Romantic Quartets like Schumann. They are also very usefull
for Backgrounding Pop Balades. The VSL Solo Strings are usefull to build up a first chair in your
Orchestral Strings Section of VSL. Nevertheless there is no realy Vienna Violin School because they are
sampled by Members of Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. They have no own Stringsound.
But if You blend the Sound of X Samples Vienna Appasionata Strings an a little bit Sonivox it
is expensive but you have the most realistic Strings Template a Composer could wish.

If there is an offer over 50% until the end of the year for the whole Chaberensemble You get
some realy good Woodwinds too. I would say buy it!

greetinnxxx

Carsten
carstenschnell

Postby fabiolcati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am

@carstenschnell

Thank you. Useful reply.

Hope your in-depth analysis of a sampled string quartet doesn't carries out to a quarrel. :D

Anyway, a bit of this and a bit of that can eventually cost as to hire a human string quartet (:D again)

Hope my wife will understand how important is to subscribe this offer.

Greetings
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby peter5992 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:38 pm

fabiolcati wrote:@ Cartsen and Tatsu.

Guessing you're XSample users, I'm interested in Xsample Chamber Ensemble too, more as they offer it 50% off until the end of this year.

What's your advice about this library, and what about using it with N3?

Best regards

It's excellent - I use it with Sibelius for which there is a soundset for Xsample. The 50% discount is a killer. I paid over $800 1 1/2 years ago (shortly after they were released).
peter5992

Previous

Return to NOTION