Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Reverting to earlier version

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Reverting to earlier version

Postby Erufailon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:45 am

Any way to revert to a previous version? This latest doesn't seem to work fine with win 8 64 bit with a touchscreen. Any input I do on the touchscreen in the score (not in the menus, those work fine) is doubled. Also on the guitar and keyboard entry. It seems the program stops to think for a while after it enters a note then when it's finished thinking it enters the note again (In Win7 compatibility mode this takes quite a long time to be noticable, without any compatibility setting it just quickly enters two notes.) No matter what settings I try with the pen and double-click speed, etc, nothing helps, and this was not a problem with the earlier versions (though I don't know which one I was using), so is there an archive of earlier builds maybe? It would make a lot of sense to have one, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Erufailon

Re: Reverting to earlier version

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 am

Dear Erufalion,

1. What make and model touch screen are you using?

2. Does it have mouse capability?

We are investigating a similar issue on another computer that is using a mouse. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Erufailon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 pm

It's a Samsung SmartPC pro, ativ 700t. Haven't tried the mouse yet, but both the touchscreen with my fingers and the pen input do the same. It was working with an earlier build, but I don't know which one it was. It did the same in tablet mode and docked to the keyboard.
Erufailon

Postby Erufailon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Umm, tried it with a mouse, it works fine and also this time the touchscreen worked, only the pen input didn't. Also, tried it with both the supplied S-pen and a wacom pen. All other applications and even Notion's menus work fine, only the virtual keyboard/guitar neck and the score itself register the pen input twice.
Erufailon

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Is it possible to tweak the settings on the pen? I wonder if maybe the pen has a setting that allows for double click when you touch and release?

I know the pen is probably not the problem. If you continue to have issues with this, contact tech support:
support@notionmusic.com

We have a way to help you out temporarily until the issue is resolved.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby achambily » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi :)

I'm downloading this update (I'm always happy to see that there is a new version of Notion :) ).

But, could you tell me where is the version changes log ?

I never found it :(

Thanks by advance.
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby Erufailon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Admin wrote:Is it possible to tweak the settings on the pen? I wonder if maybe the pen has a setting that allows for double click when you touch and release?

Tried every setting I could find, even changing pressure sensitivity curve and changing double click speed and disabling right clicking when pressing on the pen for a short time, also disabling side buttons, etc, nothing helped. And it works fine even in Notion's menus, so if it was the pen it would double click there as well I suppose.
Erufailon

Postby elerouxx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:48 am

I'm having the same issue with a Dell latitude 10 tablet. The pen (it's an active digitizer with Wacom technology) inserts double notes when I click. Also, I cannot use third party gestures programs because notion is reading the clicks anyway. I suppose notion is reading the clicks twice , at different levels. (if I use a gesture app, one click is intercepted but still notion does one click adding one note. If I disable the gesture app, notion reads two clicks.)

When I use touch instead of the pen, notion does not read duplicated clicks, but also it reads clicks in a level that can't be intercepted by third party apps. A mouse works fine, so I think this has to do with the way Notion reads clicks on the touchscreen.

I'm very disappointed, brcause I had bought a touch only tablet before, and decided to sell it and buy another with a digitizer which by logic would solve all problems I had with touch. But it's indeed unusable. I have an old tablet pc with a Wacom digitizer and works perfectly. I didn't expect this, I feel devastated.
elerouxx

Postby elerouxx » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Support helped me on this. The issues are solved for the time being. Sorry for my bad mood before :)
elerouxx

Return to NOTION