Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Spacing control of measures and double bar lines

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Spacing control of measures and double bar lines

Postby GaryMonheit » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 pm

I am using Notion mostly for writing out original jazz charts. I am looking to get more control how how many measures are on each line. I see I can request 2,3,4,5,6 measures per system on a page for Full Score or parts. But, sometimes I want 4 measures exactly and then I may have a measure of 2/4 and want 5 measures on the next line.

Also, at the end of the piece. If the last line of the score has only 2 measures it will stretch this out and look very awkward. Can I make the double bar at the end of the piece happen in the middle horizontally?

Also, in a 3/4 piece the ties are not working correctly across bar lines. And the spacing of 3/4 looks pretty bad. It leaves a lot of space at the end of the measure. I'm using Notion 3. Is this better in Notion 4?
GaryMonheit

Re: Spacing control of measures and double bar lines

Postby matt_2013 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:30 pm

What I did in the past was to force a line-break on a measure. This way I was able to control how many bars appeared on each line. I was then also able to force more than one bar onto the last line by breaking in the previous line.

I am not at my home computer at the moment but I think you get to this option by right-mouse clicking on the bar and then choosing measure at the end of the list which opens another sub-list with options for pick-up measure etc, and also to force a line or even page break.

Perhaps somebody else has a better/easier solution.
matt_2013

Return to NOTION