Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Editing Issues with lyrics

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Editing Issues with lyrics

Postby Webcoach » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Shalom Aleichen,1 - Brazil.notion
(148.95 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Hi, I transcribed a PDF file with Audiveris and then imported the XML document into Notion. It worked well but the piece does need some tweaks. I have figured out how to edit the score, for the most part, but I'm stymied by a couple of instances.

How can get my lyrics to align with the lyrics already there. Are there any tricks? (See staff 3, where my added lyrics don't align with the lyrics that came through the import. See staff five (last three words) where the "a" is put higher than everything else.) A drag button would be helpful.

Thanks for any guidance!

Shalom Aleichen,1 - Brazil.notion
(148.95 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Webcoach

Re: Editing Issues with lyrics

Postby thorrild » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 am

Dear Webcoach,

It looks to me like your translator put some syllables into a separate verse (the syllables that are on a different line). To correct this, double-click on the syllable before it (which is correctly placed), put the cursor at the end of this syllable and press the space bar to advance to the next note - the one with the "wrong" syllable. Now retype the "wrong verse" syllable so that it will correctly aligned. Press Enter (to exit lyric edit mode). Click on the "wrong verse" syllable to remove it, and everything should now be okay.

Good luck,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Editing Issues with lyrics

Postby Webcoach » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks so much. I tried it again and it worked. This time I removed the sextuplets that had been inserted on the input correctly, and it seemed to make a difference. I appreciate your help!!

Reine (aka Webcoach)
Webcoach

Return to NOTION