Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Thank you for the update

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Thank you for the update

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm

I want to say a thanks to Notion for the update fixing the MIDI issues. When we complained Notion said they will fix it and they did. This is a really fresh breeze to find a company who listen to their customers and respond to issues this fast.

I have not had the chance yet to test all the functions and fixed, but I will do so probably over the weekend. Just the fact that Notion has delivered on the promise really needs to be applauded.
sepheritoh

Re: Thank you for the update

Postby astinov » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 pm

We're happy to hear that!

Happy Holidays! Enjoy your new NOTION features.

Lubo Astinov
Product Manager
NOTION Music
astinov

Postby Novatlan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:53 am

I wholeheartedly agree! Great job!
I'm already in the process of writing a lengthier list of note input suggestions, so I suppose you will not run out of things to do in the foreseeable future.
Until then: Happy Holidays!
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby ericsandmeyer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:37 am

I'd like to express my thanks and support to the N3 crew. You guys should be very happy with your work. I am working on a major project and for "safety" I am keeping all my orch. scores in Sib. and N3. I want N3 to succeed because my heart always goes out to the smaller, hungrier houses. I've spent my non-musical career as a QA guy and a Business Analyst for both giant enterprises and small shops and I always prefer the smaller ones. Sure, the photocopier has to be duct taped together and the test server doubles as a production bug tracking environment, but there's a swashbuckling, high-flying aspect to it I like.

I want to dump Sib. as soon as possible, now that I see N3 stabilizing. I spent the day yesterday working with the MIDI input and I really see this as a usable feature now! Again, congratulations!
ericsandmeyer

Postby zuijlen » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Also note how quickly this was addressed. 8-) I remember somebody complaining about "false advertising". :shock: Just a little patience pays of... ;)
zuijlen

Postby Novatlan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Patience ALWAYS pays off. Ask either Yoda or Mr. Tuvok :)
I am pretty sure this is not the last we have gotten from Notion.
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
Novatlan

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Mmmm

My willingness to compliment and say thank you, in no way will diminish my willingness to complain when there is reason to do so. I do believe that in a way, by being the critic, I made a positive contribution toward the betterment of society, if the criticism has in any way contributed toward the solution. :D
sepheritoh

Postby Novatlan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:58 am

Of course, constructive criticism is always needed and usually even appreciated. If not, the ones criticised are dumb as three miles of dirt road.
Feedback from external users of a software has the big advantage of having a completely different point of view. The enduser could not care less how much work a given feature was. If it ain't work, fix it :)
So this can be a valuable source of wisdom for the programmers, at least from my experience.

Needless to say, I will continue, too, to complain :) My next big "complaint field" is already a work in progress.
Novatlan

Postby Unfinished » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:55 am

Juxtapose with Novatlan's signature.
Unfinished

Postby jazzalien » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:24 pm

It's good to see, that N3 goes forward and many bugs are fixed.

But after every update (this is the third) I have checked out the GUITAR STAFF with hope for fixing this.

1. The "Prebend" (and "Prebend Release") kills the sound of a note
2. The (Full) "Bend Release" is out of tune (to high)
3. The "Wider Vibrato" (and "Whammy bar vibrato") sounds not naturally (a little bit to high)
BENDS and VIBRATO are OUT OF TUNE.

I have started a Topic and posted it in the 'submit a bug' place around two months ago.

You have it in PROGRESSION. It works fine there. But please, fix it in N3!
jazzalien

Next

Return to NOTION