Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

new update doesnt start

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

new update doesnt start

Postby razormind » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 pm

I just updated Notion 3 to 3.0236 and the message that i am getting is " C:\program files (x86)\notion 3\notion3.exe is not a valid win32 application". The previous version was running while the updater was downloading. After the update was installed, I couldn't start the program. I tried to reinstall with the antivirus turned off ( the anti virus didn't affect the previous installations) and still no good. I am using Vista Ultimate 64 . Any suggestions on why this is happening and how I can get it running again?

Thanks
razormind

Re: new update doesnt start

Postby fandango » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Have you tried downloading the latest update manually from here:
http://www.notionmusic.com/support/downloads.html
fandango

Postby razormind » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Yeah, I did that as well both running the installer from the site and when that didn't work, I save a copy to disk and ran it from there. still no luck.

I am thinking of deleting the new installation from disk and re-installing from the DVD.
razormind

Postby Novatlan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:51 am

Yep, I would try that, too. Maybe it is just a permissions issue, yo could also try repairing disk permissions.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby razormind » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:14 pm

The uninstalling worked. I looked at the Notion folder and saw that the exe file had changed from the "N" to a generic window file. Perhaps during the first update some thaing had happened in the background that had caused the exe to get corrupted. It is nice to know that there are folks around the help you out.
Thanks.
razormind

Return to NOTION