Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

score editing

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

score editing

Postby ben amato » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 am

Please fill me in here, surely there is a way to delete bars as opposed to emptying them, ie delete time? and insert time? or insert bars from the clipboard so they they con't replace material, but create new bars?
Basic stuff, surely....
Ben
ben amato

Re: score editing

Postby thorrild » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Ben,

Here's what I have found as I work with Notion:

• If you select all staves, top to bottom, for a region of music (or empty measures) and cut (Cmd./Ctrl.-X, as opposed to backspace/delete/clear), you shorten your score by that many measures. Triple-clicking in a measure will select the entire measure stack.

• If you don't select all staves, top to bottom, and cut, or backspace/delete, you empty the selection of notes without changing the bar count.

• Currently, you have to insert empty bars to accommodate a clipboard that you want to act as an insert instead of a replacement. — Except if you paste the clipboard at the end of your score: Notion will then add the measures necessary to accommodate the contents of the clipboard.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby ben amato » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Ok I see, I should have figured that out. Thanks very much!
Ben
ben amato

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:10 pm

The delete function in the edit menu, Edit>Delete will remove everything including the bar. If you are wanting to insert the music somewhere else in the score, copy it first, insert the new bar, and then paste it.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION