Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Cannot add VSTs. "entry point function not found"

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Cannot add VSTs. "entry point function not found"

Postby David Coombes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm unable to add any VST effects. I'm told "the entry point function could not be found in the plug-in." Searching only points to Win x64 being a problem, but I'm running 32 bit x86 .dlls on a 32 bit Windows. It's worth noting that I already have VST instruments added which I added prior to backing up my PC, and I've restored my PC recently to this backup with the VST instruments available. Just new VSTs can't be added.
David Coombes

Re: Cannot add VSTs. "entry point function not found"

Postby dranck » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:08 pm

If you are running in Vista / Win 7, try running Notion as Administrator (right click on the Notion exe --> properties --> compatibility --> check run as administrator).

- Dave
Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono
Dave's SoundCloud
dranck

Postby GaryExo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:48 pm

It may also be worth trying to remove all VST instances and then point Notion to your VST folder again.
GaryExo

Postby David Coombes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Running as admin hasn't worked. I can't see where to remove the VST plugins. I'm used to there being a 'plugins folder' path for apps, but Notion doesn't appear to have one.
David Coombes

Postby GaryExo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:33 pm

If you temporarily take the VSTs out of your VST folder and then open a Notion file, Notion should show "Missing" rather than "Enabled Effect" or "Enabled Instrument" within the VST manager window. You can then put your VSTs back into your VST folder and tell Notion where they are. That way they might be enabled again.
GaryExo

Return to NOTION