Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Importing Midi file and converting to drum notation

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Importing Midi file and converting to drum notation

Postby patsavage1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a drumming guide track midi file that was made by the guitar player in my band, which he programmed in Superior Drummer. I am trying to convert this into an actual drum score. I import the midi file, and then I convert it to notation but it charts it as a piano score.

Is there a function which automatically converts this to drum scores? Or is this something I have to do manually bar by bar within Notation once I bring in the midi file?

I am brand new to Notation 4, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat
patsavage1

Re: Importing Midi file and converting to drum notation

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:38 pm

You can select the Piano Staff with the cursor. Press CTRL + Shift + T to open the settings of the staff and convert the instrument to a Notion Instruments>Drum Set. This will convert the Piano Staff to a Percussion Staff.

Depending on how the playback was mapped, you may need to adjust the Note Events to match the playback Measure by Measure.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing Midi file and converting to drum notation

Postby patsavage1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi

Thanks for that, is control-shift-T for a PC? Does not seem to work on my Mac.

Pat
patsavage1

Return to NOTION