Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Garritan not working in Notion 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Garritan not working in Notion 4

Postby jcberne » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi all,

Couldn't find this in the FAQ or in the forum so here goes.

I have Garritan Personal Orchestra installed on my Notion machine. Unfortunately, when I go to choose any Garritan sounds, they don't sound out during playback. Notion instruments work just fine. (altho I have not tested any of the orchestral instruments)

Any ideas? I'm at a complete loss.

Thanks

Joe
jcberne

Re: Garritan not working in Notion 4

Postby pcartwright » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Does the Aria instance with Garritan samples load? I assume that you get Garritan to work in other programs, correct?
pcartwright

Postby iamnemo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Joe, you have to manually insert the GPO sounds in the ARIA player slots.

Click on a staff where you have chosen to use GPO, press Ctrl-I ("I" as in "Instrument"). You should see the ARIA player interface appear. Then populate the slots with sounds (at least the first one). You should then hear.
iamnemo

Postby idiotSavant » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 pm

On a related note, I haven't used GPO much since I got Notion because there are no OOTB presets. Does anyone have presets for GPO?
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Postby pcartwright » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Not sure what this
iamnemo wrote:Joe, you have to manually insert the GPO sounds in the ARIA player slots.

Click on a staff where you have chosen to use GPO, press Ctrl-I ("I" as in "Instrument"). You should see the ARIA player interface appear. Then populate the slots with sounds (at least the first one). You should then hear.

or this
idiotSavant wrote:On a related note, I haven't used GPO much since I got Notion because there are no OOTB presets. Does anyone have presets for GPO?

is about.

You can add GPO instruments which load automatically and there are out of the box presets for GPO (albeit, designed by someone who isn't too familiar with GPO). You can try my custom rules for GPO if you'd like (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1285).

I'm not an expert with GPO, but I think the custom rules are an improvement compared to the "out of the box" rules.
pcartwright

Return to NOTION