Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Convert imported Midifile to notation wrong note values

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Convert imported Midifile to notation wrong note values

Postby Frieda » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi,

I will try if I can replicate the problem with your advice in mind.

Thanks,

Frieda
Frieda

Postby Frieda » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 am

Hi,
I think I found the solution to the problem of converting to notation to the wrong note values. It probably has to do with the Chord looseness of the Record settings. When I set the Chord looseness to 1 instead of 5 "convert to notation" works correct(converts in the midi-file 16 the note values to 16th notes) When I set the Chord looseness to 5, the 16th note values converting to quarter notes.

Frieda
Frieda

Postby barnettart50 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Frieda wrote:Hi,

I have imported a midifile with sixteenth notevalues. In the sequencerstaff it shows good. But when I convert it to notation it shows quarternotes instead of sixteenth notevalues.

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-06 om 16.13.49.png

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-06 om 16.14.15.png

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Frieda

I wonder if there was some kind of arpeggiator within the original .mid file? It certainly doesn't’t explain note lengths, but that was my first thought when I saw your results. Glad you fixed the problem, though!

Gary
barnettart50

Previous

Return to NOTION