Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 template vs master/slave VEPRO5

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 4 template vs master/slave VEPRO5

Postby iamnemo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 am

I have two networked Win64 computers each running VSL VEPRO5 Server 64bit. "A" is the master and "B", more powerful (64GB RAM, 12 x SSDs) is the slave with all my libraries. I don't want to run everything on the same machine for different reasons.

In Notion 4 I created a template for a full orchestra. My VSL SE instruments (on "B") are grouped in 9 preserved instances of VEPRO named: Woods 1,2, Brass 1,2,3, Perc 1, Strings 1,2 & Misc 1. Each instance is using only 16 MIDI channels (Notion is not VST3-ready afaik).

The template has nine "utility" hidden staves, one of each VEPRO instance, and real instrument staves have been referred to them via the Shift-I procedure.

If I run Notion on my slave "B" my template loads all VEPRO instances and everything is fine.

Now if run Notion on the master "A" how can I tell it (my template) to load the remote VEPRO instances from "B"?
Does it suffice that, the first time, I redefine the 9 utility tracks and point them to the 9 VEPRO instances running on "B"? Will this definition stick between sessions?

Note: all VEPRO instances are saved as viframe64 files and the whole setup is saved as a metaframe.

Thanks for any help!
iamnemo

Re: Notion 4 template vs master/slave VEPRO5

Postby wcreed51 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 am

Don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to say that you can use the Event plugin in lieu of VST3 to send all channels to one instance to VEP.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Re: Notion 4 template vs master/slave VEPRO5

Postby iamnemo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks Bill ! I will re-read about it...

UPDATE: tried it. It works. Just created 8 MIDI ports and accessed VEPRO5 port #8 channel #1 from SONAR. Before it only saw port #1. Thanks Bill.

Now I experience stuck notes sometimes and some latency (even at 1 buffer) if I play live from keyboard through SONAR MIDI in through the event input plugin. I don't experience such stuck notes when I use only port #1 using only VEPRO5 (not plugin). I have to look into it...
iamnemo

Return to NOTION