Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EWQLSO Gold Play

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

EWQLSO Gold Play

Postby gfcalvi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 am

Hi,
on the soundsonline forum I've read that EWQLSO Gold Play is "almost" natively supported by Notion (I mean no via custom VST but via library preset/rules).
If I understand it right, it seems that the preset/rules for EWQLSO Platinum Play could also work the same way for the Gold version (even if this has not been advertised by Notion Music).
On soundsonline forum they mention sort of a "procedure" in order to enable this feature and they are referring to a thread on this forum.

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/show ... hp?t=23244

(look at the end of the thread)

Unfortunately the search function on this forum is not working very well so I have no idea about this "prodcedure".

Could someone address me to the right procedure in order to natively use Gold Play ?

Thank in Advance
Bye
GF
gfcalvi

Re: EWQLSO Gold Play

Postby Novatlan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:39 am

You are partially right.
EWQLSO Gold is not partially supported, it is fully supported. :mrgreen: I have no idea why Notion does not advertise this :)
The thread you were looking for is at viewtopic.php?f=19&t=255&p=1008#p1008
I took the liberty to directly link to my post explaining what to do. It really is incredibly easy and works great!
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby gfcalvi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks Novatian !
That was exactly what I was looking for.
And you can confirm that all pizz. staccato, slur, spiccato, tremolo etc. etc. work directly without any "manual" tweaking ?
This would be great !

Thanks Again
GF
gfcalvi

Postby Novatlan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:48 am

Everything I tried to far worked flawlessly. I tried all major string articulations and a bit of brass. Harp glissandi work, too.
Unfortunately, due to a few input issues, I am not using Notion as much as I would like at the moment, but that will change with further updates and when I have more time :)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
Novatlan

Postby newtonia » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 am

Re using the Gold Library with the Platinum presets, has anyone else encountered my problem? I can get two instruments to load up fine, but when I try to load up the third instrument Notion crashes. I can load many more instruments in Overture and Cubase, so I assume it's a Notion thing. Any ideas?

Thanks,

newtonia.
UK
newtonia

Postby Novatlan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Maybe it is a hardware issue. What specs does your system have? Please write CPU speed, amount of RAM, Sound Card and so on.
Play! uses lots of resources, so that may be the cause. Make sure that you have the newest versions of both Notion and Play.
Novatlan

Postby astinov » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to also remind you: Use the Lite presets if you think this is a memory issue. They are much easier on the RAM load.
Hope this helps,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby fandango » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Lubo,

I know you guys are really busy, but at some point, would someone be able to write up a bit of advice for those of us who run various libraries (GPO, EWQLSO, VSL) from inside NI Kontakt 4, as apposed to their native players? i.e., to help us write our own presets for use in a central VSTi that can host different libraries from inside the same VSTi interface.

Cheers,
Nick
fandango

Return to NOTION