Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

nTempo Export to Midi

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

nTempo Export to Midi

Postby dranck » Fri May 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi all -

I seem to be having trouble with nTempo when I export a score to midi. I did a quick sample score with an nTempo overdub which I then exported to midi. The first measure is a tempo, the second is at 200%, the third at 10% and the fourth has 3 quarter notes at about 1000% and one quarter note a tempo. In Notion, the tempo changes play back (although the third measure does not seem to execute 10x the first). When I export to midi and re-import into another score, the second measure changes are there, but the third and fourth do not match what is in Notion. In addition, even though the nTempo staff changes in the middle of the fourth measure, the midi file only has a single tempo change at the start of each measure.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing incorrectly or what I am misunderstanding about nTempo? I've uploaded the files to this post.
ntempo.zip
nTempo samples
(200.69 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Thanks,

Dave
Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono
Dave's SoundCloud
dranck

Re: nTempo Export to Midi

Postby Admin » Tue May 28, 2013 11:12 am

You need to set an NTempo line up to the end of the score, or remove the measures that exist up to the Double bar.

You can accomplish this by highlighting all of the measures that are empty and using the Delete Function in the Edit menu for Notion. When you export to MIDI using the NTempo line for Tempo control, Notion is looking for the next Tempo mapped event in the NTempo line. There isn't one in this score, so you need to either complete it to the end of the score, or remove the bars because it is looking to the end of the score even though there is nothing there.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: nTempo Export to Midi

Postby dranck » Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank you. I will try that!
Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono
Dave's SoundCloud
dranck

Return to NOTION