Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Audio Issues

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Audio Issues

Postby Webcoach » Sat May 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi, I'm sure I'm missing a step here, but I'm not sure what it is. I created music on my Ipad with notion which I opened with my newly purchased Notion for my desktop. Everything works fine, except that I no matter what instrument I use, I get a popup telling me that can't get audio for that instrument. And I don't. I can see the green block bouncing from note to note but with no sound.

I'm working with Windows 8 on a Lenovo touch screen and I'm using the Windows default for audio. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks so much for any guidance!

Reine S.

P.S. I note that I can change the font and size of my title information but can't seem to do so with lyrics. Again, am I missing something or is this just not possible?
Webcoach

Re: Audio Issues

Postby Admin » Mon May 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Did you install the sounds when you ran the two installers for the program?

Do you have your Audio device setup properly?

If these two questions do not help to solve your issue, I recommend getting in touch with Technical Support by either:

email: support@notionmusic.com

or by phone

call: 1-866-398-2994

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webcoach » Mon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Thank you ... you're correct, I hadn't loaded the sounds. Do you happen to know whether I can pick which sounds to choose -- the bundler wants me to add 6 million KB of options and I'm really only looking for a few instruments.

Reine
Webcoach

Postby thorrild » Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 am

Hi Reine,

You can't adjust the font or point size of lyrics.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Admin » Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 am

With the computer you are using, are you short on space?

You really should just install everything. It is 6GB of sounds. This should leave you with plenty of space for everything else you want to do on your computer and that way you will always have the sounds available. I have never had anyone complain about having too many sounds. In fact, most people will want more after they have played around with the software for a while. That is why we offer 6 more gigs of expansion sounds plus VSTi support for external sound library expansion.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby thorrild » Tue May 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Admin wrote:I have never had anyone complain about having too many sounds. In fact, most people will want more after they have played around with the software for a while.

You are so right, Admin: we always want more. And while we're on the subject, is there anything you can reveal about future expansion sounds from Notion? Just in case you are at a loss for ideas, here are some that come to mind:

* vocal samples
* organ samples (Hammond and other electric, as well as pipe)
* true trills and tremolos for more instruments, especially Piano
* folk instruments
* non-western instruments (gamelan would be fantastic!)

But you're already working on all these, aren't you? ;-)

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby elerouxx » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:49 pm

I second all.

*Vocal samples are a must. I can see there are lots of people who write choirs. The piano sound instead of a more real feedback is dissappointing.

*Fingered trills don't work.
elerouxx

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:54 am

There are a lot of really great VST's that we support that have tons of samples. We are currently offering a total of around 16 gigs of samples in our library. At this point, I cannot disclose what we are working on for our sample library.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 pm

:arrow:
thorrild wrote:* non-western instruments (gamelan would be fantastic!)

I am on the mailing list for the Native Instruments newsletter, and I received an email today from Native Instruments announcing that they are having a 50 percent discount sale from Monday July 22, 2013 through Monday July 29, 2013, which includes Kontakt 5; several Cinematic Instrument and FX packs; and a Balinese Gamelan instrument pack, which is fabulous . . .

Blockbuster Season Discount Sale (Native Instruments)

Balinese Gamelan Instrument Pack (Native Instruments)

Fabulous! :)

P. S. Native Instruments has had a 50 percent discount sale on Kontakt 5 for the past two or three years during Thanksgiving holiday week, which was the time to get Kontakt 5, but this year they are doing a mid-summer discount sale, as well, which is interesting. All this stuff is a bit expensive (digital music production hardware and software in general), so I watch for discount sales and usually wait patiently until there is one, if possible . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby thorrild » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks for the heads up, Surf.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION