Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

N3 Quits When I Try to Enable Kontakt 2

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

N3 Quits When I Try to Enable Kontakt 2

Postby ericsandmeyer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:18 pm

Mac OS X 10.5.8 on MacbookPro with 2 Gb RAM

Under VST Manager I have been able to enable 2 VSTi selections but every time I try to enable Kontakt the application unexpectedly quits. I really need my Kontakt sounds...

Suggestions?
ericsandmeyer

Re: N3 Quits When I Try to Enable Kontakt 2

Postby Novatlan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:50 am

I had no problem loading Kontakt 2 (OS 10.6.2).
Do you use the newest Version of Kontakt 2? After installing you need to start Kontakt at least once in Standlone mode to make it find its library. If you try to load it without letting it setting the library first, Notion crashes. That's the case with all NI plugins in all applications I know.
Is there any specific error message that you could post here?
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby ericsandmeyer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Novatlan wrote:I had no problem loading Kontakt 2 (OS 10.6.2).
Do you use the newest Version of Kontakt 2? After installing you need to start Kontakt at least once in Standlone mode to make it find its library. If you try to load it without letting it setting the library first, Notion crashes. That's the case with all NI plugins in all applications I know.
Is there any specific error message that you could post here?

Thanks for your response. Nice to see that it can work okay.

I've been using Kontakt 2 in standalone mode before and as a plugin with cubase and logic and it works fine. But I'll go ahead and start it up in standalone, quit and then try it again in N3.

There is no error message...just hit the "enable" button, it delays a few seconds and then...N3 is suddenly gone. Of course after that there is a message which prompts to relaunch N3 or ignore, etc.
ericsandmeyer

Postby Novatlan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Does this generic OSX error message say something useful?
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
Novatlan

Postby ericsandmeyer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Novatlan wrote:Does this generic OSX error message say something useful?

It simply allows me the ability to relaunch N3, "ignore" (which closes the dialogue box) or send a crash report to Apple. If I look at the contents of the crash report it isn't helpful.

I sent the crash report and about 3 minutes later I got a call from Steve Jobs. He said, "Sorry about the crash, Eric. I will get to the bottom of this if I have to fire everyone here!"
ericsandmeyer

Postby Novatlan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:24 am

That's nice from Steve!

You could send the crash report to the Notion Tech Support, maybe they can help you.
Novatlan

Postby astinov » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:06 am

Hi,

Pardon me for the question, but you are using a legit version of Kontakt 2, correct? If you are, I would highly recommend updating. Kontakt is up to Kontakt 4 now and updating at least to Kontakt 3 will give you many benefits, outside of its use in NOTION.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby ericsandmeyer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:45 pm

astinov wrote:Hi,

Pardon me for the question, but you are using a legit version of Kontakt 2, correct? If you are, I would highly recommend updating. Kontakt is up to Kontakt 4 now and updating at least to Kontakt 3 will give you many benefits, outside of its use in NOTION.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov

Hey Lubo...Yes it's a 100% legit copy of NI K2. Your support guy Brian advised me to d/l the Kontakt 4 player which is free. I did and Notion DID enable this. Unfortunately, I cannot run my legacy sound libraries with the player :lol: . So I will need to go ahead and upgrade as you've indicated.
ericsandmeyer

Return to NOTION