Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Display tempo marker despite 1st staff hidden ?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Display tempo marker despite 1st staff hidden ?

Postby Zblogny » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 am

Hello,
The first system of a song score is a solo piano intro.
I don't want to display the voice staff at this point, so I "hide resting staves".
How can I display the initial tempo marker ?
If my first staff is hidden it is impossible to set a tempo marker on the piano staff.
I tried typing "q=200" in a text box, but it shows the letter "q" and not a quarter note.
What can I do ?
Thanks!
Zblogny

Re: Display tempo marker despite 1st staff hidden ?

Postby thorrild » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Zblogny,
I've had this problem too, and I've reported it as a bug to support@notionmusic.com. I am guessing that one reason it gets moved down the ladder a few steps when it comes to fixing things, is that when Notion is used for its real, unique purpose ("live" performance with an NTempo staff at the top of every system), the tempo indications never disappear, because the NTempo staff is never hidden. But I'm just guessing and have no insight into the bug fixing process...

It has come up before, and I suggested on this forum to do what you have tried yourself, but I can't find the thread right now: Enter the tempo indication as a text block, but use a font which contains both note symbols and alphabet letters. If you are on a Mac, there is an old, tried and true font made by Steve Powell at dvmpublications.com: It's called MetTimes (a mixture of metronome and Times).

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:26 am

I have looked into this issue and it is a bug. I have raised the priority on it, although, there may still be other issues in front of it.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby b13 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:01 am

Thanks a lot.

I told this "bug" to the support month ago.
b13

Return to NOTION