Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

cannot hear metronome's click and mooore issues

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: cannot hear metronome's click and mooore issues

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am

To Jazzeck: I just thought of one other thing that you might want to try. Please delete the plist for the program so that it will recreate a new one. To do this, simply go to Macintosh HD\Your user profile (icon of a house)\Library\Preferences and find the file named com.notionmusic.Notion.plist. Drag this file to the trash and when you re-open NOTION, it will be recreated. Let me know if this resolves the issue.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby jazzeck » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 am

Brian wrote:To Jazzeck: When you are recording MIDI, are you able to here audio from your computer or are you just going by the audio of your MIDI controller? Is it possible that you are not hearing the click because there is no sound coming from your computer? I apologize if this seems a little obtuse but I had to ask.

Yep. All sounds/instruments work perfectly. Even my IK Miroslav. If only there was a way to manually configure the metronome click, ore something. But no! You can't do anything... And this is only one of many problems, not saying this is necessarily the programs fault ;).
jazzeck

Postby achambily » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am

jazzeck wrote:
achambily wrote:Non only the first. The first"s". The number of missing clicks is random.

That sounds odd!

yes...
and zblogny has the same problem...
we would also like to have control on the sounds and the volume of the clicks
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 pm

To Jazzeck: If you would like to see where the metronome click is, ctrl click on the NOTION3 app in the Applications folder and go to "Show Package Contents." Once you are in the package contents, go to Contents/Resources/Metronome and make sure that both Woodblock wav files are present. Did you get a chance to delete the plist yet?
Brian
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:15 pm

If you guys are having a problem with the first click of the metronome, just click somewhere in your score one time. This seems to only happen when you first open the program and don't play anything prior to using the MIDI entry. The program must engage your sound card. Here is what you can do:

1. Open the program, set up your score and exit Score Setup.

2. Just click somewhere on your score so that the yellow bar moves.

3. Click the beginning of the score and start recording. You should hear the metronome start counting in on the first beat now.

If you are having a problem with the metronome randomly dropping notes, you may want to check your buffer size. Just go to NOTION>Preferences and click on the "Audio" tab. You should find the slider bar and be able to increase/decrease your buffer size. This could also be a problem with your system resources or sound card. I have not seen this problem before. What size processor are you running and what sound card are you using? How much ram do you have installed?
Brian
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby jazzeck » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm

To Brian: Plist? Yes, both files are present.
jazzeck

Postby achambily » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Brian wrote:If you guys are having a problem with the first click of the metronome, just click somewhere in your score one time. This seems to only happen when you first open the program and don't play anything prior to using the MIDI entry.

no no. It happens EACH time you want to record. And the number of missing beats is random.
If you are having a problem with the metronome randomly dropping notes, you may want to check your buffer size.

it is 1024, using asio4all. No problem of drops with any VSTi in Notion or in Reaper.
What size processor are you running

I7
and what sound card are you using?

Edirol UA-25

How much ram do you have installed?

8 Go
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:24 pm

To Jazzeck: Go ahead and delete both of those plists from your Preferences folder and open NOTION. They will be recreated once you open the program. Let me know if this brings your metronome back.
Brian
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

To Achambily: I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I have just finished doing some extensive testing on a Mac with the metronome and cannot recreate your problem. It seems that you have a very powerful system so resources should not be the issue. This brings us to your sound card. Can you give it a shot with your built-in audio and see if you have the same results?
Brian
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby jazzeck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:36 am

To Brian: It's working now! I just reinstalled the program again. Don't know why it didn't work last time.
So! Moving on to a different problem: I simply can't get the rewire thing to work with Logic... And Pro Tools for that matter. I know this is off topic, but you pretty much seem to get the hang of it :D .
jazzeck

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION