Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 to Notion 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 to Notion 4

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:18 am

Hi all,
I have not really seen the benefits of the new version Notion4, compared Notion3, especially the transition from 32 to 64 bits. Can someone answer me briefly or refer me to a post that will help me understand?
Thank you!
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Re: Notion 3 to Notion 4

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 am

I think the transition to 64bit speaks for itself, and is certainly to most important change.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 am

Francois,

1. The major benefit of Notion 4 is 64-bit. When running an application in 64-bit, it allows the application to utilize more than 4 Gigs of RAM, thus making the program much faster depending on how much RAM you have in your computer. This enables all VST's that have been built in 64-bit to run with Notion, therefore allowing the user to increase the number of Samples loaded into the program and still provide seamless playback. This is a step that all developers are having to take because 64-bit is the latest technology in OS and computing power. Soon, everyone will have to be 64-bit. We realize for some, this seems like a very behind the scenes matter, but it is a quite large update, which is why many manufacturers are still not there.

2. There are several other features that have been made available as well that you can look into on the marketing and display of the box and the website. For example, the program now has a fully functional Chord Library and Chord Entry Palette, a Drum Entry Library, an internal entry Keyboard to add onto the Guitar that always existed.

3. The program is also fully compatible with the iPad App and can easily share and transfer files from Desktop and iPad. and vice-versa.

4. We provide 64-bit Rewire support to your 64-bit DAW's too.

5. There are also several updates related to printing options and score layout.

And, on top of all of that, the upgrade price is only $49.00.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:17 am

Merci beaucoup!
Thank you very much!
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Return to NOTION