Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

32 bit and 64 bit versions

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

32 bit and 64 bit versions

Postby GaryExo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am

Is it okay to install and run both versions on the same system? I installed the 64 bit on my W7 PC but would like to be able to use Notion with Ableton Live via ReWire. I tried but it didn't work which I assume is due to the applications being different bit versions.

Would it simply be a case of me downloading the Notion installer again and installing a 32 bit version in addition to my existing 64 bit installation?

Many thanks.
GaryExo

Re: 32 bit and 64 bit versions

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:10 am

To use Notion with Abelton in Rewire mode, you must be using the 32-bit version of Notion. As it turns out, Abelton does not have a 64-bit Rewire Device, even in the 64-bit version of the application.

In Windows, you can absolutely install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Notion. You will want to create a folder on your Desktop called Notion and save Shortcuts to the folder that represent both versions of the applications. If you do not set your system up this way, you will have to navigate to the Program Folder every time you want to start the version that was not the last installation. In other words, If you install 64-bit last, the Program menu will only open the 64-bit version, so you will have to navigate to Program Files X86 to access 32-bit each time you want to use it.

In Mac OS, both versions of the program install at the same time. To change the version that you would like to use, go to Mac HD>Applications>Notion. Right-click on the Notion application and select Get Info. There is a check box in the Get Info window that allows you to "Open in 32-bit". You can toggle this check box on and off to determing which version of Notion you want to run at that time.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 32 bit and 64 bit versions

Postby GaryExo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks.

I'll give it a go.
GaryExo

Return to NOTION