Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Mid Import problem

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Mid Import problem

Postby DaveElson » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 am

I am admittedly just starting going through the demo.
I have just imported 18 bars of midi, exported from Guitar Pro 5. This loads fine in Sonar and Cakewalk's Music Creator.
In Notion, it imports as sequencer staff (as stated in the manual) but it is truncated down to two bars, with apparently everything in it, but it plays pretty fast to tell (as one would expect with 2 bars at 125 bpm).
Not sure if I did anything wrong.
I did it 2 ways - from the splash screen and just imported the file and another after setting up staff's and vst.
Both results the same.
Any ideas?
DaveElson

Re: Mid Import problem

Postby Novatlan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:57 am

MIDI import has some serious bugs in the current version. My experiences with importing things are mixed, too.
I think we should wait a few weeks until a new Notion version has sorted out the worst bugs. Then seeing what makes things go wrong and if there is anything we can do about it should be easier.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:14 am

This is a known problem. I posted a suggested workaround by using the XML import.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28
sepheritoh

Postby DaveElson » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks for the replies and I'll watch for updates, although my demo will probably expire before they come. I'm sure support are working on this. GP5 does export in musicxml and it worked fine.
DaveElson

Return to NOTION