Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion and Vienna Ensemble - how to?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion and Vienna Ensemble - how to?

Postby bitfeld » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 am

Hi all!

I've been using Notion 3 with VI / VI Pro without a problem. The upgrades to Notion 4 and VSL SE have caused some glitches (still not able to get the timpani roll), but I have decided to switch to using Vienna Ensemble to optimise things.

Do I understand correctly that I need to create a VSTi staff with Vienna Instruments and then add basic staves and switch them to the appropriate instruments? Is there a need to specify which articulations go with each staff/VE channel in Notion. I have been looking for some kind of how-to on this, but only found fragments. Is there a comprehensible document describing this setup?

My apologies if I'm somehow missing something obvious.

Gorazd
bitfeld

Re: Notion and Vienna Ensemble - how to?

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am

Internally, I cannot generate this problem with the Timpani, but this is not the first time that we have seen this issue come up.

Have you updated to the latest version of Notion 4?
Are you on the latest version of Vienna Instruments?
Have you done the updates to your Vienna Instruments Special Edition samples? There is a version update to the legacy Special Editions on the Vienna Website.

The new Notion 4 Presets for Vienna Instruments Special editions were done with the new Special Edition Presets in mind. They are set to work with the Special Editions 1-4 bundles. Maybe you are not using the new and downloadable sound sets, but rather the legacy DVD sound sets.

Check to make sure your patches are all loading in the Timpani. Make sure you have set your Custom Folder properly in the Directory manager.

Also, what technique are you using to accomplish the rolls? Have you tried Tremolo markings?

Let us know if any of this helps.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Notion and Vienna Ensemble - how to?

Postby bitfeld » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 am

Thanks, the complete update of the VSL SE with the VI PRO really did the trick! Tremolo mark now does the proper roll. :oops:
bitfeld

Return to NOTION