Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Playback Stops Working

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Playback Stops Working

Postby DavidF46 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:02 pm

As a newbie, can someone help me with this problem. Having worked on it a particular Notion 4 file and successfully used the playback facility, when I subsequently reopened it, the playback function wouldn't work although individual notes sound when they are highlighted.Other files opened in the same session playback correctly. Restarting Notion 4 and rebooting the computer made no difference. I did have success by creating a new file, setting up the same instruments and copying the staves across, but after closing the file and reopening it, playback wouldn't work again.

Are there known factors that can cause this problem and is there a solution?

(Win 7 x64, Notion 4, Motu Audio Express)
Sibelius7, Notion 4, Hauptwerk
Falcon Evolution 17/64, 16GB DDR3, Core i7 2650QM
Dell XPS 720 x86 Win 7; Dell XPS 210 Win XP
Yamaha PSR-9000, PSR-6000, P-90, Impulse 61 (Midi) keyboards
Yamaha MG16, AW16, Motu Audio Express + various stage equipment
DavidF46

Re: Playback Stops Working

Postby GaryExo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Is it possible that some of the data saved in the original file has become corrupted? By copying said data into a new file you would still be using something corrupted in the new file therefore the problem would persist.
GaryExo

Return to NOTION