Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Looping

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Looping

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm

You can run Notion in 32-bit or 64-bit mode.

Abelton does not have a 64-bit rewire device bundle yet, so if you are trying to Rewire with Abelton, you must use the 32-bit version of Notion.

If you are on a PC, you must install both versions of Notion into the correct Program Folder. 64-bit installs to Program Files and 32-bit installs to Program Files X86. Then, create a shortcut on your Desktop for each version of the application. You may need to rename the shortcut to be able to determine which version you are using.

On a Mac, right-click on the Notion application, in the Applications folder. Select Get Info. In the Get Info window, you can toggle between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Notion.

Using these methods will allow you to use whichever version is compatible with your external software links in Rewire, and it also gives you the ability to host VST's that are not yet 64-bit.

Enjoy!

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looping

Postby GaryExo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Yes, thank you very much. I got the information you provided on this via my other post and installed the 32 bit version.

Something interesting happened the other day when I updated to 4.0.324. I unchecked the 64 bit box in the installer, expecting only the 32 bit Notion to be updated but when I launched the 64 bit Notion afterwards I had a look at the "About" and found that it too was updated. I hadn't expected that.
GaryExo

Previous

Return to NOTION