Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

"How To" Videos

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

"How To" Videos

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am

To all Forum Members:

We are setting up this post to allow the members of this forum to request demonstration and instructional videos. If you have a request to see how to do a specific task or perform a specific function in Notion 4 or Progression 2, please let us know.

We will do our best to get the videos added to both the Notion Music website and to YouTube.

Videos will be made at our discretion and though we cannot perform all requested videos, we will try to help out by listening to you, our users. Please note that this is not a forum where we will accept feature requests. This post is to request "How To" and demonstration videos only.

Thank you for your participation.

All the Best,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: "How To" Videos

Postby thorrild » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 am

Hello Admin,

I'd like to see a video demonstrating how to get a more believable string sound by adding CC info to a simple one-staff tune using Notion's own sound library. Getting exposed string figures to sound believable is a great challenge, and it would be a valuable lesson to see how this challenge is met by someone who knows how to get the most from Notion's samples, without having to shell out the big money for VSL.

Also, Would it be possible to throw up a simple post to this thread every time you add a new video?

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Dear thorrild,

Thank you for the input.

CC Data recording is built for VST's. Notion instruments react naturally to the dynamics, articulations and techniques that are built into the program. The CC Data recording is a feature that is added so that users can get better control of their VST's.

Try using more articulations to get the strings to sound better. Or, you can double them up to get a better sound and add reverb or other plugins to beef them up.

Also, the sounds that are built-in to Notion playback, play as they were recorded using the articulations that are built in. What that provides is an integrated use of "CC Data" that is pre-programmed into the playback code of Notion. CC Data will not do anything better to the Notion sounds and it is not built to do this function.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Great idea.

I would like to see videos of how to use the various functions in performance mode, i.e. how to perform a score and sync to a life performance, including vamps and fades.
sepheritoh

Postby idiotSavant » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:01 am

I'd like to see a tutorial on how to optimize Notion with VSL and MPK.
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm

idiotSavant wrote:I'd like to see a tutorial on how to optimize Notion with VSL and MPK.

That is a big topic. Can you be a little more specific?

There is already a video up that shows how to set the score up to use instrument changes. Articulations for Vienna Presets work automatically. Dynamics are pre-programmed in the presets.

The best way to determine this type of optimization is to work with it and discover what works best with the VST you are using. It is frustrating in the beginning due to the learning curve, but once you get the mechanics down, there are several ways that you can optimize your VST's.

Is there anything specific that you would like to how to do in a VST environment?

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bitfeld » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:40 am

How about a video on how to set up a custom template score from scratch in Notion 4 using Vienna Ensemble?
bitfeld

Postby Rubens » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 am

Admin wrote:
idiotSavant wrote:I'd like to see a tutorial on how to optimize Notion with VSL and MPK.

That is a big topic. Can you be a little more specific?

There is already a video up that shows how to set the score up to use instrument changes. Articulations for Vienna Presets work automatically. Dynamics are pre-programmed in the presets.

The best way to determine this type of optimization is to work with it and discover what works best with the VST you are using. It is frustrating in the beginning due to the learning curve, but once you get the mechanics down, there are several ways that you can optimize your VST's.

Is there anything specific that you would like to how to do in a VST environment?

-Admin

I'd like too see a tutorial teaching how to optimize VSL rules once that I have the DVD collection and not the VSL special.
Last edited by Rubens on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubens

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm

sepheritoh wrote:Great idea.

I would like to see videos of how to use the various functions in performance mode, i.e. how to perform a score and sync to a life performance, including vamps and fades.

This video is up. It is in 3 parts:

NTempo Performance Pt 1, Playback
NTempo Performance Pt. 2, Vamping
NTempo Performance Pt. 3, Fades

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:12 pm

bitfeld wrote:How about a video on how to set up a custom template score from scratch in Notion 4 using Vienna Ensemble?

This video is up in two parts:

Creating VST Templates Pt. 1
Creating VST Templates Pt. 2

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to NOTION