Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

"How To" Videos

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: "How To" Videos

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Admin wrote:
sepheritoh wrote:Great idea.

I would like to see videos of how to use the various functions in performance mode, i.e. how to perform a score and sync to a life performance, including vamps and fades.

This video is up. It is in 3 parts:

NTempo Performance Pt 1, Playback
NTempo Performance Pt. 2, Vamping
NTempo Performance Pt. 3, Fades

-Admin

Awesome. Thank you
sepheritoh

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:31 pm

These videos are so helpful, but the image quality is terrible. Isn't there some better video capture software you could be using?
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby sepheritoh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am

wcreed51 wrote:These videos are so helpful, but the image quality is terrible. Isn't there some better video capture software you could be using?

The low quality may be due to the way youtube stream it. If your broadband speed is slow, youtube may sometimes automatically downgrade the quality. I have no idea how to change that setting in youtube to allow for longer buffering.
sepheritoh

Postby thorrild » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:29 am

sepheritoh wrote:
wcreed51 wrote:These videos are so helpful, but the image quality is terrible. Isn't there some better video capture software you could be using?

The low quality may be due to the way youtube stream it. If your broadband speed is slow, youtube may sometimes automatically downgrade the quality. I have no idea how to change that setting in youtube to allow for longer buffering.

At the lower right of the video window, click on the gear wheel. On my Mac, which is on a fairly slow DSL internet connection, I can select not only the default 240p quality, but also four better qualities, all the way up to 1080p, which, to me, is indistinguishable from normal application display, even at full-screen, 24-inch playback.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

I view at 480, which is DVD quality. Higher then that there are constant pauses.

The previous set of tutorials were cystal clear, as are other youtubes. These are not...
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby sepheritoh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

thorrild wrote:
sepheritoh wrote:

At the lower right of the video window, click on the gear wheel. On my Mac, which is on a fairly slow DSL internet connection, I can select not only the default 240p quality, but also four better qualities, all the way up to 1080p, which, to me, is indistinguishable from normal application display, even at full-screen, 24-inch playback.

Best wishes,
Thorrild

Thanks. I view mainly on my ipad. In the ongoing fight between apple and google, that setting has been removed from the ipad app.
sepheritoh

Postby Rubens » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I'd like too see a tutorial teaching how to optimize VSL rules once that I have the DVD collection and not the VSL special.
Rubens

Postby pcartwright » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm

This may be the wrong place for this (admin, please move if needed), but is there a way to deal with CC data on different MIDI channels? If so can you post a video or documentation on a workaround?

Thread discussing the problem can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=12926&sid=0da41e07886530d2ea90e4ef84a9e198#p12926
pcartwright

Postby GaryExo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Could I ask for a video on setting up Ableton Live with Notion as ReWire slave as I think that's what I need but I'm stumped because I don't have Notion showing up at all under Live's MIDI outputs? What I would like to do is to create and edit my MIDI in Live, controlling EWQL instruments in Notion and notate in Notion.

The video would be a sort of reversal of this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUgww-Uba4E
GaryExo

Postby GaryExo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Me again. ;)

I'd love to see just how to set up the EWQLSO custom rules made by Erufailon and detailed here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1393

It all seems pretty complicated and I don't really know where to start. I'd like to be able to get the most out of my EWQLSO because when I run it at the moment within Notion it just doesn't play correctly.
GaryExo

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION