Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Bundled Sound Installer Mac - installation failed

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Bundled Sound Installer Mac - installation failed

Postby Ludwig Karl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 am

I just upgraded from Notion3 to Notion4. I downloaded and installed the application and it seems to work fine. Then I downloaded the sound bundle installer and tried to install it but I get the message "The installation failed, an unknown installation error occurred".

Then I tried to install an individual sound that I downloaded from the Notion Website (Piano.prox) and the installation failed as well. This time I got the following message:

The sound file 'Piano.prox' could not be installed:
boost:: filesystem::create_directory: Permission
denied: "/Library/Application Support/Notion Music/
Notion 4/Sounds/Bundled"

How can I make this work?

Thank you!

============
MAC PRO OS 10.6.6.
Ludwig Karl

Re: Bundled Sound Installer Mac - installation failed

Postby matt_2013 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:45 pm

The easiest solution might be to create a directory called "Notion Music/Notion 4/Sounds/Bundled" under your home directory and then point Notion to this directory from its preference panel. In Notion look for something like Preferences -> Music -> Sound Library Path. Sorry, I am at work so I don't remember the exact sequence. This should avoid any issues with permissions.

If you want to install the bundles in the default location chosen by the installer then you could use "sudo" from the command line with an administrator account and create the directory manually and then copy all sound files into there. That's what I did when I had this problem.

I hope this helps.
Matthias
matt_2013

Re: Bundled Sound Installer Mac - installation failed

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am

This is a tech support issue. Please contact us at support@notionmusic.com or call 1-866-398-2994.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION