Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

NOTION4 and VSL SE1

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

NOTION4 and VSL SE1

Postby JanKlie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi, I have got the following problem. When I choose a preset of an instrument (e.g. the violins) in Notion4, everything works, exept the dynamics. When I add a dim or cresc, neither the velocity x-fade nor die expression moves in the vienna instruments plugin. Either vel.x-fade and expression are assigned to "control change" and the controller "expression". When turning off the vel.x-fade, I can assign different dynamics to certain notes via "velocity overdub". But I also need to have a dynamic-change during one note, of course. Does anyone know that problem or at least a solution to it? Thanks a lot... Jan
JanKlie

Re: NOTION4 and VSL SE1

Postby dshertz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 am

Hi, JanKlie:

I'm using Notion 4 on Win 7.

I have had this problem in two cases:
1. The VSL presets are not loaded into your \Users\Public\Documents\VSL Custom Data. Download these from Downloads/Other on the Notion website, unzip the file and load the correct presets for your version of VI (I use VI PRO) to the VSL Custom Data directory and rescan the existing presets.
2. An obsolete copy of the presets was in my Notion 4 folder.

Once you update your presets and remove old copies, then make a fresh project to test the dynamics.

Hope this helps...
Notion 4, VSL SE, LASS, BBB, Symphobia, Ivory, Real Guitar, CineSamples Brass and Winds
Win 7, I7 3770-3.4GHz, Asus P8Z77-V, 16Gb, PreSonus Firebox
dshertz

Postby JanKlie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks a lot. I needed to install the latest Vienna Instruments Player. Now it works perfectly... happy happy
JanKlie

Postby atlas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:33 am

Hey,
Looks like someone out there seems to have a handle on this issue. Right now I have a brand new laptop with nothing but Notion 4 and the VSL SE 1 loaded onto it. I have the latest version of the VSL Instruments and ensemble but am still having an issue with not getting any of the volume dynamics to play. Not only that but the default volume is Quadruple Forte. I downloaded the correct presets for my Version in the VSL Custom Data directory but I am not sure what you mean by "rescan the existing presets."

Thanks,
Spencer
atlas

Return to NOTION