Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Question about handling measure....

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Question about handling measure....

Postby labou » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi All,

I'm using Notion rewired in Cubase and will like to know if there is an easy way in Notion 4 to copy/paste full measure without having to select the content of all instruments individually?

Basically in Cubase I'm often exploring by duplicating measure and I find it a pain in Notion to replicate the same thing, so it falls in sync... Also is there a way to do a copy insert or do you have to first creates measures to paste things in...

Thanks.
labou

Re: Question about handling measure....

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

I am not exactly sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish here, but I am going to try to explain some easy ways to copy/paste/duplicate measures.

You do have to grab data on all measures that you want to duplicate or copy. There are some tricks and shortcuts that you can use to do this:

1. If you are wanting to duplicate "Command + D" or "CTRL +D" for PC is the shortcut. Anytime you want to select multiple instruments to duplicate you can press and hold "Shift" to add all instruments in line with each other. Then Press "Command +D" or "CTRL +D". Sometimes there are parts that you do not want to duplicate, so you can hold "Command" and select the instruments that you want to either select or deselect from your initial Selection.

2. Copy/Paste is similar except the shortcuts are "Command + C" for copy, and "Command + V to Paste". You can copy and paste as many measures or instruments that you select, but my main point here is that you need to get used to the Selection, Shift Select and Command (CTRL) Select procedures.

I hope this helps.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about handling measure....

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Now there is a video up on the website and on YouTube that displays how this is done.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION