Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Realtime Midi Input

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Realtime Midi Input

Postby fabiolcati » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 am

strabes wrote:
the added benefit of feeling like a music tool instead of the clunky microsoft-office-like UI Sibelius/Finale feel like.

:D

Saw Strabes online and wanted to make him/her awre that's a very funny way to describe it. Nothing else.

Greetings
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby Novatlan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:35 am

@strabes:
Sorry, I probably was half asleep this morning when I answered, of course you are right^^
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby Goodman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:50 am

Hello,
Maybe one of you can help me with my question.

If I'm using Notion as a slave to Sonar 8.5, can I use a keyboard as a midi controller to record a midi track into Sonar using one of Notion's instruments? Or is there some other way of achieving this other than using Notion as a slave? I don't want to be limited to just writing the notes in Notion and playing them through Sonar. I want to actually use a keyboard to play the orchestral sounds that are in Notion. Is this possible?

Thanks
Goodman

Postby Novatlan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:08 am

As far as I know it is not possible to directly use Notion instruments in any other sequencer, i.e. as a VSTi or so.

But you can of course record your tracks in Notion in real time and play them back through Sonar. If you route all staves in Notion to individual busses in Sonar, you can also apply effects to them in Sonar. In this case, Notion only serves for generating the instrument sound, just as a real audio instrument would do.
Right at the moment, realtime MIDI input has some bugs, as you probably have read, but Notion have announced that this will be fixed in due course.

Make sure you have activated your keyboard as an input device in Notion. Then you can play your instruments with it.

Hope this helps.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby samfrantz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:11 pm

I just read through this entire thread, but did not see a conclusion - was expecting "OK, we have released the patch, go try it" - followed with confirmation of success from users. BTW, I just downloaded Notion4 and I realize this thread is 3 years old now. I am assuming realtime MIDI input works well now. I guess I'll find out shortly.
samfrantz

Previous

Return to NOTION