Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

MIDI foot controller

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

MIDI foot controller

Postby Scoremasters » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 am

Hello everyone,

Has any user found a way to tap the tempo via a MIDI foot controller in a live setting to free up both hands? Thank you so much.
Scoremasters

Re: MIDI foot controller

Postby dgriffee » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm

This might be a bit more than what you had in mind... but you'd probably be interested anyway since you are talking about live performance:

There is a very useful programmable midi controller foot thing made by Beringer called "FCB-1010" which could very easily be set up to do exactly what you describe. In fact tap tempo is described in some detail as an example in the manual for the thing. I use one for generating midi CC data, special midi notes, and whatever other extra midi stuff I need so that I can keep my hands on the keys. It has two continuous pedals and 10 big stomp buttons, it's relatively inexpensive, and very easy to set up configurable for whatever midi codes you need/want to put at your toes.
dgriffee

Return to NOTION