Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

VSL SE Timpani Articulations Not Working - Partially Solved

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

VSL SE Timpani Articulations Not Working - Partially Solved

Postby alexg » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:46 am

Hi,

Can someone please verify whether they can get the timpani roll (tremolo) and staccato to work with VSL SE? If I open up VI Pro (ctrl+I) I can see 3 keyswitches for hit, secco and roll but the latter two are not being triggered. I've tried using various shortcuts e.g. 'trem does not trigger the roll and staccato (.) does not trigger the secco patch.

I'm using release 4.0.320 under Win 7 64 with the Mir Pro plugin.

Regards,
Alex
Last edited by alexg on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexg

Re: VSL SE Timpani Articulations Not Working

Postby nevermore2k » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 pm

same problem here
nevermore2k

Postby dshertz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I seem to have the same problem. Didn't rolls work on Notion 3?
Notion 4, VSL SE, LASS, BBB, Symphobia, Ivory, Real Guitar, CineSamples Brass and Winds
Win 7, I7 3770-3.4GHz, Asus P8Z77-V, 16Gb, PreSonus Firebox
dshertz

Postby nevermore2k » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am

in 3 it worked it think
nevermore2k

Postby alexg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am

Brian from Notion helped me out on this one.

The problem was solved by deleting everything in my Notion 4 directory (except the sounds folder) and re-installing the latest build (320).

To clarify the original problem, there is a known issue with VSL timpani (and some other percussion articulations) when using Vienna Ensemble. In my case, I was not using VE so there should not have been any issue with the VI player alone.

Perhaps my original installation (and subsequent automatic upgrades) got confused as I was fiddling around with presets. I had removed my older VSL SE folders and downloaded Vols 1 & 2 to replace them so that Notion 4 would see that I have Vols 1, 2, 3, 4 installed. I had also gotten rid of the Notion 3 fxp preset folder which left only the new Notion 4 presets.

(If you decide to still keep your original SE samples with Notion 4 or still want to use Notion 3 then you'll still need the Notion 3 fxp folder.)
alexg

Return to NOTION