Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion makes me mono! :)

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion makes me mono! :)

Postby Tatu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi all!

First post and ready to b*itch a bit. :)

I'm running Notion 4 on OS X (Lion, latest updates) and noticed that each time I fire up Notion, all audio on my system goes to mono and the change also affects other software running at the same time (like iTunes). I don't know if this is a common issue or just my cheap Akai RPM3's drivers that are causing it (I haven't tried with the OS X default drivers).

Anyone else?
Tatu

Re: Notion makes me mono! :)

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Tatu wrote:Hi all!

First post and ready to b*itch a bit. :)

I'm running Notion 4 on OS X (Lion, latest updates) and noticed that each time I fire up Notion, all audio on my system goes to mono and the change also affects other software running at the same time (like iTunes). I don't know if this is a common issue or just my cheap Akai RPM3's drivers that are causing it (I haven't tried with the OS X default drivers).

Anyone else?

This absolutely sounds like a driver issue. Try using your system default drivers and see if the issue still occurs.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrundleFly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Mono, meaning you only get sound out of one channel, or you get identical audio out of both channels?

Being a Windows guy, and relatively new to Notion, I'm probably not going to be of much help, but just to get the ball rolling...

What driver mode do you have selected on the Audio tab in Preferences, and does it make any difference if you use a different one?
BrundleFly

Postby Tatu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Admin wrote:This absolutely sounds like a driver issue. Try using your system default drivers and see if the issue still occurs.

-Kyle

Yep, it's the Akais. Works fine when output (OS X's system prefs) is set to (internal) Line Out.
Funny thing: When I launch Notion with the Akais and everything is summed up to mono from there on, the only fix seems to be quitting Notion and firing up Logic Pro 9.. even full boot didn't fix it, only Logic. I didn't try booting coreaudio by force quitting it or running some Jedi things on Terminal, though..

Maybe I'll run a quick test tomorrow by launching both Notion.. and Logic. Maybe my computer will explode. :lol:

Thanks!

PS: Quite an improvement to the overall audio quality in non-mono mode.
Tatu

Return to NOTION