Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

More score problems 2

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: More score problems 2

Postby thorrild » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 am

mrarnesen wrote:Have we got any hints from Notion that they are reading our requests?

Yes. This question has been asked and answered numerous times. We are told that Notion staff reads everything posted to the forum, but that we shouldn't expect them to answer every time a question is asked or a complaint is launched. I imagine they consider their time better spent developing and improving their products. ;)

This may not be what you want to hear right now, but it is important to remember that it usually takes unbearably long before features and improvements are added to an application. This is true of Finale, and it is true of Sibelius. In my long association with one of these software firms, I have waited years, sometimes entirely in vain, for features I had begged and pleaded for at great length, as a beta tester.

It is also valuable, I think, to remind ourselves that there must be a reason why we do what we do — even if the end result is somewhat less than what it could be — with Notion, rather than with its software competitors. If we, as users, chose Notion for a project only to lambast its developers because the software isn't Sibelius or Finale, we lose an important opportunity to provide constructive feedback. If we feel free to demand instant changes, we are guaranteed to be disappointed. We are not in a position to inform Notion Music what its software has to be. We can make suggestions, that's it.

That said, I'm happy to read about your enthusiasm for Notion. I share it, too.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Previous

Return to NOTION