Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Expansion sound won't install

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Expansion sound won't install

Postby jazzeck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am

Hi. I've just bought the expansion "classical guitar", but it won't install. I'm just getting this message:
The sound file 'Classical Guitar Expansion.prox' could not be installed: boost::filesystem::copy_file: Permission denied: "/Users/janneckchristiansen/Desktop/Classical Guitar Expansion.prox", "/Library/Application Support/Notion Music/Notion 4/Sounds/Expansion/Classical Guitar Expansion.prox"

?????????
Please help
jazzeck

Re: Expansion sound won't install

Postby jazzeck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 pm

SOLVED!!!
jazzeck

Postby tcrensink » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 am

Hi jazzeck,

Would you be so kind as to post the solution for those having the same issue?

Thanks!
tcrensink

Postby jazzeck » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:08 am

Hi tcrensink. Aaargh damn! I'm struggling to remember. I'm pretty sure I was told how to solve the problem by someone in here, but I simply cannot find the post:-(. It was something about moving the .prox-file manually, to the expansion sound folder of your notion 4 folder... You would also need to activate your expansion sound, by going to the notion menu/software activation, and press "receive license".
Also when this is done, you should make a scan of your sample folder. Go to the preferences/audio, and set the destination of your sample folder (library/application support/notion music/notion 4), and press "choose".

I hope it will work for you, and i'm sorry for not having the specific solution!
jazzeck

Postby mpconnelly » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:55 pm

I just had the same problem. When trying to install the sounds I got the message that the permissions to write to folder were denied. I went to the library and all the permission were OK, but under Notion 4, I did not have the folders Sound/Expansion. I manually added these folders and ... I could then install them.

I think the Notion installation program needs to check that the folders exist and then create them if they do not.
mpconnelly

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 am

This is a known issue. It is logged and will be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you do not install expansion sounds from the expansion sounds installer, but rather as an individual file, you will not get the expansion folder. Simply add the "Expansion" folder to your Notion Sounds folder to resolve the issue.

It looks like this has already been done. I am sorry for the inconvenience. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact Notion Tech Support at support@notionmusic.com

Regards,

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION