Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Philharmonik in Notion 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Philharmonik in Notion 4

Postby labou » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:43 am

Hi,

I just purchase Philharmonik especially to use it inside Notion 4, but when trying to enable it I get "Plugin cannot be loaded", however it is working fine in either Cubase 32 and 64 bits... Anybody else having the same issue?

I though Philharmonik was a supported plugin since it still has rules for it....

Thanks.
labou

Re: Philharmonik in Notion 4

Postby Surfwhammy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am

labou wrote:Hi,

I just purchase Philharmonik especially to use it inside Notion 4, but when trying to enable it I get "Plugin cannot be loaded", however it is working fine in either Cubase 32 and 64 bits... Anybody else having the same issue?

I though Philharmonik was a supported plugin since it still has rules for it....

Thanks.

At present Miroslav Philharmonik (IK Multimedia) is 32-bits, so it only works with NOTION 3 and the 32-bit version of NOTION 4 . . .

The reason it works with Cubase (Mac, Windows) and Logic Pro 9 (Mac) is that these Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) applications have a 32-bit to 64-bit "bridge" . . .

It appears that Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 (Vienna Symphony Library) can be used as a "bridge" for Mac and Windows applications, and there is a "bridge" application for Windows (JBridge), which might have a Mac version in beta testing, although I have not tried it . . .

The reality at present is that to enjoy the full benefits of the 64-bit universe, you need VSTi virtual instruments that are 64-bit, where Kontakt 5 (Native Instruments) and MachFive 3 (MOTU) are examples . . .

Lots of FUN . . . :ugeek:

P. S. IK Multimedia has indicated for quite a while that it is "working" on 64-bit versions of its VSTi virtual instruments, but i have not seen any updates regarding when "working" is likely to map to a released product . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby sepheritoh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:52 pm

I use it in Notion 4 with no problem at all. I have Jnridge installed. I did not do anything special, so I assume Notion is clever enough to find the right bridge files. I have tried to "overload" Notion 4 by loading Philharmonic and Notion sounds plus Gpo and all of them again (I have 16GB) but it just kept on going, and going, and going. No problems (yet).
sepheritoh

Postby labou » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 pm

So using Jbridge you can access all the Philharmonik instruments using the built in rules in Notion 4 in 64 bit mode?

That's crazy, it will be the only reason I buy jbridge for, but on the other hand I purchase explicitely Philhamonik to use it with the Notion built in rules...
labou

Postby wcreed51 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Yes, that will work. Or, you can run Notion in 32bit mode.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby GeorgePaul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:29 pm

I run Miroslav Philharmonik and other VST plugins in N4 using JBridge. So far so good. Great little tool !
GeorgePaul

Postby sepheritoh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Running Jbridge on 64bit is far better than 32bit mode, as 1) you have no restriction on memory and 2) you have access to all the other VSTs that run on 64bit
sepheritoh

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 am

I played around with Philharmonic some more. It does not seem to be as unlimited as I stated at first. Having all those instruments open is not the same as having them all playing at the same time. I can open as many as I want, but only a reasonable number of them can play at the same time before it musically just make one unpleasing sound and ASIO runs out of buffers.
sepheritoh

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 am

Do you have the samples on a separate drive from you OS/Applications? I'm not sure if MP streams from disk, but if it does, that would be essential.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Very good question. I wish I knew (how to find the answer to that question).
sepheritoh

Next

Return to NOTION